Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Sprint's new MiFi service item...

HumanStudios

Jul 16, 2009, 12:04 PM
Does anyone else feel this is asking for some serious trouble? I work for sprint (whatever) and the 5gb data limit looms in the distance with this device... I really see this being a very... very bad idea... I bet I'm going to get put on an adjustment block again cause of this crap.
sckoisks17

Jul 17, 2009, 6:04 PM
Possibly, but I'm willing to bet those users would go over the 5GB limit with an aircard too. I always stress the 5GB limit, and to closely watch the amount of data used to every customer I sell an aircard/Mifi to.
inboundSprintSlave

Jul 17, 2009, 9:55 PM
if people used Wifi spots where available instead of EVDO then it wouldnt be a problem. BUT PEOPLE ARE LAZY. or ignorant of the difference.
Menno

Jul 18, 2009, 9:07 AM
I haven't seen the software yours uses, but I know ours (VZAccess) points out exactly how much the customer has used of their limit every time they log on. With Mifi's, we make sure we tell the customer about the cap quite a few times, and if they bring their laptop in, we configure the software to display wifi hotspots, and how they can access those for "free"

But in the end, it's up to the customers. If you clearly explain what the cap is and they still go over, its no ones fault but their own. Now, if only you could get customer service ratings to reflect this.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.