Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Upgrade Question...Yes, it is iPhone related

hardcorehavok

Jun 9, 2009, 11:35 AM
I have two lines on my account. The primary line (my line) isn't eligible for upgrade until Jan. 2010. The other line is eligible August of this year.

My question is:

Could I upgrade to an iPhone on the second line and use it on the primary line?

I do this all the time with other phones as the secondary line is my grandmothers and she doesn't care what phone she has. However, I remember that with the original iPhone, you could only use the SIM card assigned to the phone.
mist668

Jun 9, 2009, 11:40 AM
no, the iphone will be assigned to that line so whatever you want such as data you'll have to use that phone number.

So to be short your not going to swap sims and add on the data to your line.
hardcorehavok

Jun 9, 2009, 11:43 AM
What if I purchase a new SIM card and reactivate the iPhone on my line?
mist668

Jun 9, 2009, 11:49 AM
Its not the sim really, its the particular phone number. Your not eligible on line xxx1 but you are on line xxx2. So you if renew line xxx2 and get an iphone and try to use it with line xxx1, they are not going to add/swap the imei to line xxx1 as it is locked to xxx2 and neither add the data feature(if you wanted it).

You can swap the sims and make calls, but that will be the extent. No data for the reason above.
Burger Time

Jun 9, 2009, 12:04 PM
He'd be better off going with the Blackberry Bold. It's a far superior device than the iPhone. Trust me, the iPhone is WAY overhyped. It has poor signal, horrible battery life (a battery you CAN NOT remove), and a lot of people complain about it.
mist668

Jun 9, 2009, 12:12 PM
Indeed, I hated the bold though as it lacked flash capabilities. So most sites if not all with media were useless.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.