Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

sim replacments

Tomdg07

May 25, 2009, 1:21 PM
just curious after a few calls with agents dead against replacing a cus sim card. Question to store reps,is there a problem when it comes to giving a cus a sim replacement? ๐Ÿ˜•
IrishCarBomb

May 25, 2009, 1:28 PM
Giving them one, yes, just because the customer is dumb and thinks it is the SIM card causing problems. SIM card is nothing more than an ID number for the tower to read.

And if you fry your SIM because you can't remember the PIN # you put on it, your own stupidity. If you actually manage to break one, same thing.

Only time I will every just give a customer one for free is if they have a really really old one. Or, if I worked for AT&T, if they didn't have a 3G SIM card I would give them one for free.

Other than that, you are paying for that SIM card.
getsome

May 25, 2009, 2:14 PM
don't you love it? sims card. nothing is free in today's world. NOTHING. don't get mad cuz your friends baby's uncles cousin's sister's brother in law's dad's son's dog's playmate's owner's grandma's 3rd cousin's future son in law's best friend's turte decided to eat it.
Fear The Cubans

May 25, 2009, 6:57 PM
My favorite is when they lose the SIM card, but still have the phone ๐Ÿคฃ
NEPats726420

May 26, 2009, 4:06 PM
that usually means they either found or stole the phone they want the SIM for
Tmo Slave

May 27, 2009, 12:07 PM
I have no problem replacing the SIM card for a customer but it gets a little old when Customer Care reps constantly send customers into the store to replace the sim card when there is no real need to.

Cus: Yeah my phone screen won't turn come on I need to replace my phone.

Care: Ok pull out the battery and restart the phone.

Cus: I've done that like 500 times but I will try one more time.

(min later)

Cus: Yeah its still doing the same thing.

Care: Ok I need you to go into a store and have them to replace the SIM card.

Cus:... ๐Ÿคจ

Its amazing how many customer I get in my store because customer care sent them in for a SIM replacement when the problem was something not even remotely related to the SIM. Sorry but...
(continues)
Crapbag

Jun 3, 2009, 9:44 PM
It certainly doesn't help when AT&T charges for extra sim cards. We get a free sim with a phone. If I order five phones, I get an extra five free sim cards. It kind of limits how generous I can be with my sim cards, because I need to ensure I have enough to cover my phones. It also doesn't help when CC tells people even their old 3G sim card may be their reception issue because of network updates. Really, does the yellow vs blue back make that much difference?
Webb

Jun 3, 2009, 10:20 PM
Back when I was working ATT care, the cost of a SIM was typically waived if it was replacement for technical reasons. Though I was also seeing rising cases where care reps were just sending folks for new SIMs for illogical reasons. I'd figured it was just our center, though, on account of imminent closure and apathy setting in as people ran out the clock.
ac4321

Jun 3, 2009, 12:09 AM
We only use SIM cards for iDEN phones and they rarely go bad. If they do we keep some on hand to replace them. We check it to make sure that's the problem first, though. If customer service calls asking them if they can just walk in and get one we tell them no that we have to check the phone and see what needs done.

Occasionally, we'll give one away for a customer that brought in an old Nextel phone without a SIM card that wants to set up new service. That's even more rare, though.

When we get a return or something we try to keep a few handy for situations like the above. We don't have a sellable SKU for them so it's no loss and tends to fix issues. We don't give them away just because customer service called us with a customer ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.