Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Online customer... Ugh...

Krantros

Apr 28, 2009, 7:06 PM
So this middle aged woman comes in with a new 5500 and her old phone, wants a phone book transfer. I ask where she got the phone, online (of course -_-). Our store has a 15$ transfer fee policy for outside-of-store-purchase phone book transfers. I tell this to the customer, and I literally get every bad customer response to get there way.

1. "I've been a customer for X amount of years"
2. "This is bad for customer service don't you think?"
3. "If I knew that I wouldnt have driven down"
4. "why would it matter where I got my phone? It's verizon either way"
5. "They never told me this over the phone"

After she was done I looked at her "Well... despite all that, it doesnt change my store policy. That will be 15$ if you want the transf...
(continues)
GraGG

Apr 28, 2009, 7:10 PM
ma'am, shut up, either give me the $15 and ill transfer, or else you better start to clickin on your new phones keyboard
ac4321

Apr 28, 2009, 9:02 PM
We used to charge for that, but it was a lose/lose battle once a lot of 3rd party places got the same stupid devices to do it.
>.>

Anyways, if it's the same thing as we have and takes just a couple minutes then it should just be considered a courtesy for them being a customer of your company. If you're a 3rd party dealer, then go with whatever works.
😛
Menno

Apr 30, 2009, 2:49 PM
From their post, I'm going to say that they are an indirect. If a customer buys the phone online, or at a Corp Store, they're not really "customers" of that third party. We waive it for ViP's, FRU replacements, etc. But if the customer upgraded at some other store, we charge the fee.

You can't go to Walmart and get a new power cord for your dell laptop for free, even though Walmart sells Dells. If a customer can get free service at their local store, no matter where they get the phone, the customer will generally buy the phone wherever it is cheapest. I will help customers no matter what, but if there is a fee associated for a service, the only time I'll waive it is if the customer got the phone in our store.

And it only takes a f...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.