Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Every day wasted.

gowirelessconsultant

Apr 8, 2009, 1:04 PM
Ok. So I understand we are supposed to sell phones. Does it have to be so boring and do they really have to lock us out of any website worth looking at. Worst yet they lock us into one music station to listen to that plays Dolly Pardon and crap from the 70s (not the good stuff) all day. Don't get me wrong selling cell phones pays great and the people are cool but it is so boring and repetitive. How many hours of your day are waisted listening to crappy music locked into Phone Scoop waiting for customers to come buy something they have no idea how to use anyway?
GraGG

Apr 8, 2009, 1:21 PM
you do understand that our bosses dont want us to have fun at work right? its our job to get used up and dried out, so we can be replaced with some fresh, dumb, kid who has no idea what this knowledge and ability are worth hourly.

plus all we do is talk to ppl all day, thats not so hard even without fark.com
CAS8586

Apr 8, 2009, 3:17 PM
You have to think about it this way buddy..your complaining about how the computers are locked and musiq is stupid?..what are you doing to make money? are you a person that sits on the desk all day waiting for money to come to you..well guess what, it doesnt work that way..this is a sales job and cell phones sales is not how it use to be..you have to go get it! than having it come to you..your soo board...pick up the phones and make some calls to your old customers..go outside and greet people..get motivated! cuz if your just sitting there waiting for it to come to you...guess what..your checks are ugly..and if you dont want to do any of that stuff..go work at mcdonalds..cuz you will get paid more
Webb

Apr 8, 2009, 4:12 PM
He seems to be complaining about the aspects which make his job is more obnoxious than it has to be simply to be more obnoxious than it has to be. And I can empathise with objecting to obnoxiousness for the sake of obnoxiousness in one's work environment.
CAS8586

Apr 8, 2009, 5:07 PM
obnoxiousness....empathise...obnoxiousness
Webb

Apr 8, 2009, 5:22 PM
CAS8586 said:
obnoxiousness....empathise...obnoxiousness

They're called words. Literate folks use them to express language in a visible fashion.
WhoDey

Apr 8, 2009, 5:49 PM
I like the cut of your Jib.

Between this and "I cant fix the failings of your education".. youre my new favorite jackass.

If your posts were Gmails, I would star you..lol
Webb

Apr 8, 2009, 5:54 PM
Well, thank you.
CAS8586

Apr 8, 2009, 6:31 PM
I completely understand that..but how many times do you have to use obnoxiousness....empathise, to express how language can be in a "visable Fashion"..But let me ask you somthing mr. #1...how does my terminoligy in my last thread have to do with being "obnoxiousness"...but dont get me wrong..i do understand what he's going through..all i was doing is giving advice to do when your in a non busy location..but maybe im hypicritical...sorry if i offended you mr. #1..what should i do when its not busy..LOL
Webb

Apr 8, 2009, 9:25 PM
Why would I be offended? I mean sure you were (and are) coming across as a bit of a dick (strictly my subjective opinion), but rest assured, I can take it. If anything, you're starting to amuse me. You just appeared to miss the point entirely of the original post (apparently under the impression that the original poster is lazy and has an issue with selling, which is directly contradicted by his post, but I'll take your word that the intent was otherwise even if your post didn't suggest such at the time).

what should i do when its not busy..LOL

I don't really care what you do when it's not busy. I suppose you could study English as a second language, but that's up to you.
4wheelingirl

Apr 8, 2009, 5:52 PM
what gowireless do you work at??? 🙂
goguy5586

Apr 9, 2009, 12:52 PM
hey 4 wheelin you work at go as well
Krantros

Apr 9, 2009, 1:54 PM
Suppose it could be worse. I work for that retailer as well, except my store has over 15 competitors in our small town. Buisiness has pretty much ground to a halt around here lately. The customers we do get we have to fight tooth claw and nail when it comes to pricing. The customer can't walk 50 yards without seeing a competitors price tag (literally, 3 competitors stores within 50 yards: costco, best buy, and a corporate store O_O) , and 9 times out of 10, any of those three stores have us beat in pricing one way or another.

Plus, our radio stations both broke, so we don't even get Dolly Parton anymore :p Never thought I would miss bad hits from the 80's, but it's alot better then SILENCE @_@ *twitch*
What I wouldn't give to even have R...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.