Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

Slow Day @ the store!

njmeyers83

Mar 19, 2009, 2:22 PM
Good afternoon all! I manage a store for an Indirect Verizon dealer. The store I'm in is very new to the area and after many hours of racking my brain I've decided to turn to the mighty Phonescoop for help. I am the only Verizon store for 30 miles which would make most sales people drool, but if my store does 10 phones a week I feel lucky. I know most of you probably have some smart remark for me but save it! Don't waste your time typing it or my time to read it. Our service works really well in this area and our only other competitor is is an Indirect AT&T store and believe you me I wouldn't buy soap from them! They are morons. I have a fairly young inexperienced team and they don't always pull their weight. Once the "levy" breaks I kno...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Mar 19, 2009, 2:30 PM
First things first. People have to know your store exists.

Driving by it and casually seeing isn't enough.

Put up some fliers or rent an add in a couple local news papers advertising any sales you have going (or just your normal pricing, and pretend it's a sale.)

Wear shirts that say Verizon Wireless on them when you go grocery shopping (people will notice, and if you look like an employee, they may ask where your store is)

When customers walk it, make sure they know you're the only store in 30 miles. Casually mention it, work it in while you're helping someone.

Make sure to have business cards. Give them to people, even when you're not at work.
GraGG

Mar 19, 2009, 2:31 PM
hire one of those dudes to hold up a sign at your intersection
jreed3686

Mar 19, 2009, 3:00 PM
OfAMightDivine said:

When customers walk it, make sure they know you're the only store in 30 miles. Casually mention it, work it in while you're helping someone.

dxniel

Mar 19, 2009, 3:26 PM
🤣
jreed3686

Mar 19, 2009, 3:31 PM
😁
jreed3686

Mar 19, 2009, 3:32 PM
aww big guy are you feeling a little shown up?

Your just showing something everyone has already seen nor does anyone care.

And what happened to admitting you was wrong, your wrong. You spelled it wrong, your wrong admit it haha
OfAMightDivine

Mar 19, 2009, 3:33 PM
Weren't you leaving?

jreed3686 said:
Anyhow, once again like i stated yesterday...ofamightdevine always blurs out the original topic in discussion.

Seriously, whats the whole point in posting?

Im out.
GraGG

Mar 19, 2009, 3:34 PM
o yea, you guys dont argue 🙄
OfAMightDivine

Mar 19, 2009, 3:35 PM
Nah. I just point out his idiocy.
jreed3686

Mar 19, 2009, 3:35 PM
Your right, i am out. Just glad i got to prove that your just as human as everyone else. Good day, ass
OfAMightDivine

Mar 19, 2009, 3:36 PM
Let me know when you're able to have one post with out an error. Then you can correct people all day long.
jreed3686

Mar 19, 2009, 3:38 PM
M'kay. But you was proven that obviously you make mistakes as well. Like i said, Good day to you sir.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 19, 2009, 3:39 PM
Did I ever claim to be impervious to typing errors?
GraGG

Mar 19, 2009, 3:40 PM
impervious would not be the word right there
OfAMightDivine

Mar 19, 2009, 3:43 PM
Actually, it can be.

im·per·vi·ous (Ä­m-pûr'vÄ“-É™s) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Incapable of being penetrated: a material impervious to water.
2. Incapable of being affected: impervious to fear.

That is to say I never claimed to not be affected by typos.
GraGG

Mar 19, 2009, 3:49 PM
i guess, though it sounded like you cant get stabbed by your typo's, impervious
Decept.ICON

Mar 19, 2009, 3:52 PM
thinkin impenetrable... 🙄
GraGG

Mar 19, 2009, 3:54 PM
yea, but who cares, back to the fightin 😈
Decept.ICON

Mar 19, 2009, 3:37 PM
jreed3686 said:
aww big guy are you feeling a little shown up?

You're just showing something everyone has already seen nor does anyone care.

And what happened to admitting you were wrong, you're wrong. You spelled it wrong, you're wrong admit it haha

Damn dood...
OfAMightDivine

Mar 19, 2009, 3:40 PM
It's the only thing he can claim against me.

Let him have his 'victory'.

Someone as sorry as him obviously needs it.
GraGG

Mar 19, 2009, 3:08 PM
meyers is gonna come back and check for constructive responses and all he'll get is the two of you arguing again lol
OfAMightDivine

Mar 19, 2009, 3:15 PM
I don't argue.
GraGG

Mar 19, 2009, 3:19 PM
also, i would suggest advertising free bj's with each new act... 😲
Decept.ICON

Mar 19, 2009, 3:24 PM
don't forget the balls... 🤣
GraGG

Mar 19, 2009, 3:29 PM
those are for data plans 👀
Decept.ICON

Mar 19, 2009, 3:32 PM
makes me wonder what I get if I sign up for unlimited text too... A blumpkin perhaps?
GraGG

Mar 19, 2009, 3:33 PM
hey, id drive 30 miles to buy a phone from a place like that
purplelotus

Mar 20, 2009, 2:31 PM
If you're out in the middle of nowhere and no one really knows about you, you're not really gonna be hoppin until you make some calls out to people who are eligible for upgrade. That way you can build a customer base and satisfied customers will refer (their friends) new customers to your store.
haternation

Apr 11, 2009, 8:22 PM
What we do is go to local businesses and hand out flyers to employees and see if in exchange for putting out flyers near the registers we give them discounts on accessories and what not. When I came to my store they were doing 50 a month last month we broke 200!!! My employees drive their own sales as well they hand out flyers on their off time. 😁
frontncenter

Apr 13, 2009, 2:07 PM
One thing that I did with my new store was have a free bluetooth drawing. We gave a free jawbone2 and supertooth light. Contestants had to write their name and number. The drawing gave us publicity and then we called the losing contestants to offer great deals at the store.
haternation

Apr 13, 2009, 2:48 PM
Also we had a FREE phone give away. If they signed up for a certain price point rate plan they got entered to win one of our higher end hand sets. (We got a second acticvation also)
deeter

Apr 13, 2009, 7:35 PM
what is the name of the indirect

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.