Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Ignorant customers!

..Mackenzie..

Feb 25, 2009, 3:42 PM
So I just had this customer come in from another town 20 mins away to look at our selection of used phones. He gets here and proceeds to tell me that the other location said he could put the cost of the phone on his bill. Well sorry sir, No you can not do that since we are an agent location. I bring the phones out, he looks at them and then proceeds to look at a new phone and says well this one is cheaper new, I explain that it dosen't have as many features. He again tells me that the other store said he could put the cost of the phone on his bill, I kindly explain that we are both agent locations owned by the same company and they have the same policies as us, and no you can not put the cost of the phone of your bill.
He then storms ou...
(continues)
JaydenW

Feb 25, 2009, 3:49 PM
Yes, I was here.

And the guy was, as she's said several times, a total psychopath.

In the beginning he was very quiet, very shy and stuttery... but when we caught him in his lie he got all fired up.

His face got allllll kinds of red and he storms out of here like a 5 year old child running from a spanking.
dualitycomplex

Feb 25, 2009, 5:55 PM
hah let me add a little bit of the funny other store of the same company in the same area policy thing.

We have another store just down the road from mine same company same area manager, same company policies the BIG difference is how we price things.

At my store where my word is law we charge the price on the price tags for the items, we do bundle deals and we cut some breaks depending on what the customer is looking to do and how profitable it will be for us to do this.

The store 4 blocks down the road where my Area Manager runs the show, they constantly go well below the price tag to get a contract, they charge for phone book transfers for warranty and insurance claims and cut all kinds of crazy deals across the board with the...
(continues)
liquidfire

Feb 26, 2009, 4:25 PM
i get the same thing but from within the same store, err well at least i use to.my old manager (and i use that term loosly) would give away the world to get a new line. i mean the people would already be gettin the phones for free, so he would then throw in free car charges, then free cases, then memory cards and dicounts on bluetooths, if not for free as well. i mean i swear he would start his sales pitch off with "ill give you free accessories"now due to this, people would send their friends in cuz they knew they would get basically everything for free. but i wont do that. we're not suppose to do that. im a "salesman" not a "givethingsawayman". so they would get pissy with me cuz i wouldnt give them the world for free. i lost sales over it...
(continues)
dxniel

Feb 26, 2009, 7:50 PM
amen......
dualitycomplex

Feb 26, 2009, 9:25 PM
my life daily after they leave here pissed they go to his store get everything for free and i catch an ass chewing because i didnt hook up his buddy customer or whatever. I guess it just comes along with the job of being some one like thats ASM, I'm just glad my guys here are on board with me and not with him otherwise i would have a very sad store indeed.
lxav06

Feb 28, 2009, 11:57 AM
as a guy who came right after we locked the doors. he wanted me to do him a favor of unlockind the door and take his payment. i told him no and proceeded to close. well he yells at me " f#uck you" flips the bird to which my reply was flipping him the peace sign and yelling " GOD BLESS YOU" this verbal exchange actually went on for three times.
this used to tick me off but i am growing thick skin for this. glad though less stress on me.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.