all discussions

verifying accounts...

tuxedo_rage

Jan 29, 2009, 5:06 PM
on my tmo system...

ppl call in and say they are the acct holder
the person says my name is blah blah
and the have the last four of the ssn.

thing is, its a little girl and when i check the customer profile, the account holder was born in 1952!!!

so i go along with it, and i check her device id profile...

the username is sw33tcherriKiss3s...

we need a better way to verify...
ac4321

Jan 29, 2009, 8:39 PM
We have account PINs. Even if they have the PIN/pw, if the circumstances are fishy we can deny access unless the account holder verifies photo ID in person at a store. If it's a teen and they are trying to add something I usually just tell them their mom/dad/grandparent needs to come in with them.
tuxedo_rage

Jan 31, 2009, 2:04 PM
i work over the phone
Fear The Cubans

Jan 29, 2009, 8:56 PM
I work in a retail store, and we check every account with photo ID. We don't care if you know the password, if you aren't on the account, or you don't have ID, you're not getting anything from the account.

There are always customers that complain. I explain to them that this is the most secure way to control the account...they always storm off and say they are going to call Customer Care.

I also once had a lady seriously ask me why they don't verify via photo ID over the phone...
dualitycomplex

Jan 29, 2009, 9:40 PM
I love when they say they are going to call customer care, for whatever reason it may be, I didnt give them the price they wanted I wouldnt let them access their account without proper information so on and so forth, always thinking well sucks for Customer care but atleast i dont have to deal with that jack @$$ anymore, its better yet when care calls my store talks to me and i tell them flat out. "customer refused ID could not verify the account and I dont think a girl who barely looks like she is 16 could possibly be a Barry Johnson" and to the care rep that laughed when i said that you were awesome.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.