Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

Economy

dalily21

Jan 27, 2009, 11:56 PM
I hate how people are bringing up the economy to try and get nothing for free. I had this one lady who owned a small business and had to lay off some users of the phones on her account and wanted the ETFs waived. I tried to offer a suspension of up to 6 months for 30 bucks. She told me I needed to bring that up to upper level management, seriously lady! Your ETF was a little over 100.00 per line, it beats the full 175.00 or even 200.00 with other carriers.

I also hate how they bring up the economy when they want to lower their bill. I give them the lowest plan out there based on what they use and they bring up the economy. Seriously, do you want me to pull a plan out of my behind or create another one for you.
Cell phones are not a nec...
(continues)
teddybearmafia

Jan 28, 2009, 8:54 AM
Those are the same customers who want and demand the cheapest plan but once they get overage its our fault for not preventing the overage or telling them they went over. Then refuse to pay for their own cheapness and demand a credit. 🙄
jwonchalk

Jan 28, 2009, 9:32 AM
And they usually yell and scream and make a scene
Menno

Jan 28, 2009, 9:40 AM
Had a customer last night who wanted me to give his daughter a new phone because it was "defective."

He got it in december so I told him that it was still covered by warrenty and he said he didn't want the same phone, he wanted a new one.

Then he pulled out the "Why does verizon go out of their way to piss off their customers" routine about how his other daughter was with att and could get a free phone every three months if she wanted it yadayada... Like that was going to convince me to take a 300 hit and swap out a phone on an account I had nothing to do with until that day.
xIsamuTM

Jan 28, 2009, 9:49 AM
Is to check how much lifetime usage that phone has.
"Her phone has 9000 minutes on it since last month, this equates to about 4-5 hours a day of usage. so this is not a "new" phone anymore. I will be happy to exchange this for you under warrenty, but I can't give you a new phone."

remember: teenage daughter
Menno

Jan 28, 2009, 10:15 AM
I can't exchange a phone that was not sold by my company, even if it is new in box.

They got the phone from a corp store, so if they want to return it, they have to deal with a corp store.

Why do customers assume that salespeople know nothing about how their competitors work, much less how their own corp stores operate?
BigShowJB

Jan 28, 2009, 1:36 PM
because 99% of customers or more don't or can't distinguish between dealer/agent and corporate stores. If it has a Verizon or Sprint or ATT sign on the door or above the kiosk, it's a corporate store. they don't know and they don't care .

as far as they are concerned, you have the sign, you can fix the problem
Menno

Jan 28, 2009, 2:25 PM
I'll try that the next time I see a saturn dealer and I demand a free oil change because I get one at my dealer. Sure that will go over well.
KioskLife

Jan 28, 2009, 9:54 AM
Or they buy the Storm, are on a plan that cost them 100$+ a month and play the recession card to get a discount on a car charger. You either pay 100$+ a month because you *need* your phone, then the 30$ for a car charger is the last thing you worry about, or you lower your plan. Simple as that.

If you can spit out 100$+ a month, then you can buy a car charger and no, I do not feel bad for not giving you a discount. 👿

I feel your pain.
BLEDSOE

Jan 28, 2009, 10:20 AM
Unfortunately every "economic advisor" on t.v. is telling people to call in and threaten to cancel to get companies to lower rates...and they ENSURE that it works and is possible. They even tell customers to call in as many times as it takes because there is a person high enough to do it...but it takes some effort.

I have seen at least 4 people say this on tv and all i could think was- These people do not need anymore encouragement to ask for EVERYTHING for FREE!!! Are you kidding me!!! 😳
Menno

Jan 28, 2009, 10:30 AM
I wish the TV execs would call him up when he was on the air and ask him to lower his speaking fees or they will fire him.

Or how about companies threaten to fire their employees unless let take a pay cut..

I wonder what their tune would be then?

These people on the tv really tick me off. It's as bad as when that one chick.. I think she was on the View. Suggested that people go to department stores and trash the shelves to relieve stress.
IrishCarBomb

Jan 28, 2009, 10:34 AM
I hate those TV d-bags! Some of the stuff they say is true, you can haggle some on a car, a mortgage, ect. But a cell phone rate plan? Get real! Go ahead and cancel, we need cash on hand, so if you want to hand me 200 a line ETF x4, so 800 dollars just because you want 10 off a month, go ahead, real smart! Spend an extra 540 over what the discount you were hoping for when you are struggling the most! Genius! I should be a TV economic adviser.
BigShowJB

Jan 28, 2009, 1:38 PM
which asshats said that?
IrishCarBomb

Jan 28, 2009, 10:24 AM
I get this in store all the time anymore! Usually it is people coming in to set up with my pre-paid service because AT&T or Verizon "screwed" them... shakes head...

It never fails, they will ask what my cheapest package is, then ask if I either have anything cheaper, or can reduce the price for them.

Hey, your business/work is struggling, so is mine! I barely hit quota in December, DECEMBER! I am doing tons better this month, guess luck of the draw, and I have lots of early rebate folk coming in too, which helps.

But just like you, Mr. Economically Hurting Customer, I too am feeling it! I am largely commission based in my pay, how do you think that feels to take a cut of $1000 from last December's pay? Yeah, thats what I though...
(continues)
teddybearmafia

Jan 28, 2009, 10:40 AM
Things i wish i could say to customers.

"my bill cant be that high, you are overcharging me"
- your right mam, we are out to get you

" I didn't know i got charged to look up the news on my phone"
- how do you think you got there, magic?

" I dont have internet on my phone"
- just because you did not purchase a plan does not mean the internet automatically cancels itself out.

"I want a credit because i was never told...."
- well thats what you get for going to target.You wouldn't go to a nurse then blame a doctor for being misdiagnosed would you?

"My phone is turned off again! Im tired of this ish. I pay my bill every month"
- Well mam, yes, you do pay your bill every month, but not when its due and never the full amount...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 28, 2009, 12:23 PM
"I bought this phone online and I want you to tell me how to use it"
-Alright sir.. the difference in pricing between the online phone and ours in store is X, if you would pay me that + the 10 phone book fee I would be more than happy to tell you everything about your phone.
Yes sir, I understand you bought it online to save money. But one of the benefits of buying it in a store is that it comes with the salesperson's technical knowledge. I offer my assistance to my customers for free, but since you decided to purchase the phone elseware, I'm afraid that that same service will cost you.
BLEDSOE

Jan 29, 2009, 10:18 AM
Oh how i would love to say that to a customer!!! It would be very theraputic.... 😛
wizardofCroz

Jan 28, 2009, 1:47 PM
"What do you mean activation fee?" "Can't you waive that?"

you heard me correctly, i did not studder. There is an activation fee with our service just like every other carrier, and even every other utility. When you get your water turned on, theres a connection fee, television service has a start up fee.

Sure, i can waive it. I have that ability, i just actually pocket the 36/26 dollars unless you ask me to waive it, then i am obligated.
BLEDSOE

Jan 29, 2009, 10:20 AM
Exactly....actually you need to make a seperate payment for that act fee...and make it out to (insert name here)

Yes, Mr/Mrs Customer we really just take all the $$$ and run at the end of the night...we have NO Costs at all!!! It takes 0 dollars to run this business and we just like to raise prices to see how much you will actually pay for a phone or charger. It is quite funny. Why do you think our accessories don't have price tags....we just make it all up as we go. 😲
repoman

Jan 29, 2009, 10:40 AM
"Our prices very depending upon our moods. So it would be in your best interest to drop the tude. You came to us. I don't owe you anything."
teddybearmafia

Jan 29, 2009, 11:05 AM
-Inbound disclaimer-

Thank you for calling my company,my name doesnt matter, you wont say it correctly anyways.I would like to take this time to tell you that,if you choose to yell at me, act crazed ,furious and otherwise being a rude brat, i am less inclined and willing to resolve your issue.With that said, please dash any hopes of getting anything free or at a 'deal' with me. How may I help you today?
MrGoofball

Jan 29, 2009, 11:12 AM
Fundamental Law of Customer Service:
The amount I'm willing to help you is inversly porportional to the amount of crap you give me.
dalily21

Jan 28, 2009, 11:30 AM
I had this one lady who had a 1,000.00 balance on her account and she wanted to set up payment arrangements. She wanted to make payments of 50.00 a week until the balance was paid off due to the economy. She said that we owed it to her since in good faith she paid off her 1300.00 balance. FOR REAL?!?!
BLEDSOE

Jan 29, 2009, 10:21 AM
Change your rate plan lady!!!!! What the heck... 👿

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.