Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Bible Bangers, God Warriors, Gospel Gatherers...

Dnbstyle

Jan 23, 2009, 8:43 PM
I had a young guy and girl come up to my store the other night. The girl seemed to know what she was talking about... the guy was a moron, reading from a pamphlet: "Do you... know..*flip* *flip* that God Loves you even if you are... *more flipping* a sinner?"

I mean, I was born and raised Catholic/Christian, so I know all about it, but I can't stand it when people tell me that I'm DOOMED ETERNALLY if I don't go to "their" church. I started getting really pissed off at them, and then my coworker comes in and starts talking it up with them,so I just leave for a while.

So... who else has been told by these types that they are "Surely doomed"? 🤣
dualitycomplex

Jan 23, 2009, 10:33 PM
these people are asked to not spread their propaganda in my store, if they continue to do so i inform them that they can spread it elsewhere and walk them to the door.
..Mackenzie..

Jan 26, 2009, 12:46 PM
Ugh! I used to do hair and I hated it when they would offer me that as my tip! WTF! Seriously! Give me money, I did a service for you.
OfAMightDivine

Jan 26, 2009, 1:00 PM
You got paid to do that service as part of your hourly wages. You are not owed anything outside of that.

Beggars cannot be choosers...
deepc185

Jan 24, 2009, 12:46 AM
I tell them that Lord Satan is supreme, and invite them to come to a baby sacrifice tomorrow evening at midnight in a local graveyard. 😈
You can also ask if their cult/church allows you to wed multiple underage children, and what the limit is, if any.
taoareyou

Jan 24, 2009, 3:09 PM
I sold a Methodist woman a phone this morning and she abruptly asked me where I go to church. I told her I was a Daoist but don't attend any organized temples.

She just stared at me blankly as if she had no idea what I just said. 😳
OfAMightDivine

Jan 24, 2009, 3:11 PM
taoareyou said:
She just stared at me blankly as if she had no idea what I just said. 😳

That's because she probably didn't.
lxav06

Jan 27, 2009, 2:57 AM
🤣 i dislike to disparage , fellow "christians" ( me being a non practicing at least to church attending catholic) but most non catholics are like that around here. in my opinion the worst ones are jahova's witness, i mean first of the name itself brings up questioning and then the whole "only a select few" are going to heaven ( since when did God create a VIP list?) "oh you can't get in, but you cane still serve Him down here!!!"
i just realized that i lied about the whole disparage thing. i dislike jehova's witness. they are the first ones to be praying alot ( so you can see, but like to **** **** up at work, selfish biotch misses her Saturdays and wants them back, no one else complained about missing them) went over my manager and ...
(continues)
purplelotus

Jan 24, 2009, 3:12 PM
Jehovah's Witnesses used to come to my door every freaking Sunday and try to convert my family.

ONLY THE CHOSEN! ONLY THE CHOSEN! 🤣
Gipsyqueen

Jan 24, 2009, 4:54 PM
My husband has this annoying habit to talk to anyone and everyone who goes to our house. 👿 I already told him, it's his choice but leave ME out of it. So I Come from work and School Tired as Hell and I am sitting down with my hubby for dinner when they knock.

I tell him, "You talk to them, I'm hungry." 🤤

He comes back in 🤭 "They want to know if they can come in and discuss the bible with us"

WTF???!!! Tell them "NO" that They Can't come in! 👿

Really, he's not even interested, he just too shy to tell them to go away, so I have to look like the Unholy One so we can be Left alone and burn for eternity. 👀
jeffatt

Jan 24, 2009, 5:45 PM
lol I'm like you...I have no problem telling them that they are wasting their time.

I'm not rude to them or anything, just inform them that their time is being wasted.
liquidfire

Jan 26, 2009, 10:16 AM
tell them sure u will listen to them, but then they need to listen to your beliefs. then you start spouting off about Satan or Allah and they freak out and leave
Burger Time

Jan 26, 2009, 1:01 PM
Mormons came to my door once, but I told them, "Sorry, I don't do cults that promote polygamy" and then I shut the door.
floodthered

Jan 26, 2009, 1:16 PM
Hmmmm, polygamy was ended in the 1890's and will get you kicked out of the LDS church if you practice it or promote it. As to the cult part, well I guess you are entitled to your opinion!
Nadesico81

Jan 27, 2009, 2:40 AM
I once had some people from the church of Scientology come to my door. They refused to leave unless I took one of there flyers.

I took the flyer and chomped an big bit out of it and spat it at them. They decided to leave after that.

Dam scientology its a fricken cult NOT an church!
wizardofCroz

Jan 27, 2009, 6:43 PM
I was in a Wal Mart parking lot at 3 am one day with my buddies high on something or another (back in my prime, but that's beside the point). I realized my friend didn't lock my door and i screamed "LOCK THE F***ING DOOR!!!" Right about that time these 2 middle aged people (keep in mind this is 3 am at Wal Mart) approached me at my car with a flyer and said "I think you need Jesus Christ in your life."

I sat in my car with the window down, took the flyer and put it on my windshield, then proceded to use my wipers to knock the flyer onto the pavement.

Old people: 😳
Me: 😉 No, thanks.
xIsamuTM

Jan 26, 2009, 1:32 PM
Are you ready for Reunion?

/one winged angel
Decept.ICON

Jan 26, 2009, 1:53 PM
is Jenova?
WZ_agent

Jan 26, 2009, 4:29 PM
Jenova? Oh, that's MY religion!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fan ... »

Jenova
Jenova (㔚¸ã”šÂ§Ã£Æ’Žã ’, Jenoba?) is one of the major antagonists in the original Final Fantasy VII game. Jenova is indicated to be an extraterrestrial lifeform, composed of strange cells that carry her will and power even when separated. However, Sephiroth's will and ambition were great enough that he was allowed to control Jenova's cells.[32] Throughout the game, Jenova is often referred to as a "she", although the character's gender is not definitively confirmed. Furthermore, through Ifalna's description of Jenova's approach to the Cetra and Sephiroth's statements concerning—and his use of—Jeno...
(continues)
sms_Queen

Jan 27, 2009, 6:49 PM
I worked right smack dab in the middle of the Bible belt for 3 months during a co-op program for my university, and on about the second day my coworkers cornered me and asked me what religion I am. I am a non-procticing Catholic who went to a Catholic school for my whole life (which is probably why i am not practicing, but that's a different story...). When I explained this and got the required scolding for being both Catholic AND non-practicing, they asked me if I had a Bible. "Nope, not on me...I think it's still in a drawer at my parents' house back in CA". When I came in the next day, there were 3 different Bibles on my desk...longest 3 months of my life.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.