Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

extra time to be in cheery holiday pain...

sweetcherrygurl

Dec 26, 2008, 3:05 PM
i get a lovely text this morning while i'm getting ready for work....

"Were looking at a big selling week till end of month we have to max out every sale Don't let anyone walk call if u need deal breaks or price match stay til 8pm" ๐Ÿ˜ณ

our normal hours are 10 to 7..... and we rarely even get time to eat.

now we have to work TEN HOUR SHIFTS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK? ๐Ÿ‘€

I'm still sick and about to collapse from lack of sleep.... today is especially going to suck. โ˜น๏ธ

anyone else's boss going COMPLETELY INSANE because of the holidays????
liquidfire

Dec 26, 2008, 3:08 PM
i was scheduled for 55 hrs last week. i think it was closer to 60
IrishCarBomb

Dec 26, 2008, 3:35 PM
I'm sorry, that sucks! I am still getting holiday business questions from my bosses too! They were mostly wondering about deactivations and returns for today, happily none so far, and the one that came in I talked out of doing it by showing them how to use their phone.

But starting tomorrow I am supposed to sell Sell SELL! and shoot for an average of 3 new a day, which is record numbers for my market and store location et al.
dualitycomplex

Dec 26, 2008, 4:48 PM
just quit whining or work your shifts, if you hate your job so much and the conditions they make you work under then quit, extra hours = extra sales = extra commissions.

I work 10 hour shifts 5-6 days a week, giving my employees time off so they can see their families and what not, it sucks but you man up and work your shift, if you want a part time job go work at wal-mart.
Sgt. Rodney Farva

Dec 26, 2008, 4:52 PM
In a less harsher sense...if your on individual commisions, then heck yeh id work it without complaining. If your on a store split commissions, then, yehhhhhhh not so much.
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 26, 2008, 6:14 PM
dualitycomplex said:
just quit whining or work your shifts, if you hate your job so much and the conditions they make you work under then quit, extra hours = extra sales = extra commissions.

I work 10 hour shifts 5-6 days a week, giving my employees time off so they can see their families and what not, it sucks but you man up and work your shift, if you want a part time job go work at wal-mart.

i'd happily work the shifts if our store ever got customers after 5:30 PM. but by that time of day the entire parking lot is empty, and we get NO customers. this hasn't changed in three months. therefore, picking up the extra hour doesn't get much by way of sales.

there's no reason to be a jerk.
jwonchalk

Dec 26, 2008, 6:29 PM
Well lets see here when i have no customers i just sit back and watch my 42 inch plasma tv tell your company learn how to work team up with dish and reap the benifits ohhh yea there are things as call backs and prospecting thats me just being a manager
WZ_agent

Dec 26, 2008, 7:14 PM
apparently a manager is too busy to hit spell check or check grammer? i mean, wow.
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 27, 2008, 2:38 PM
we don't have a TV but we have our laptops and about 200 movies on my hard drive.

we watch those when we're bored, but when it comes down to it, i'd rather be relaxing at my boyfriend's watching said movie and scarfing chips than sitting in my store on this REALLY uncomfortable chair.
sadyztyk

Jan 2, 2009, 5:12 PM
so if anyone gets an hourly wage still then quit bitching its basicaly free money ... i mean you get to watch movies or jack off in the rest room and get paid for it hell go to sleep but bitching because you cant do what you wanna do thats called being an adult so grow up or get a kiddie job at hardee's
Decept.ICON

Jan 2, 2009, 6:13 PM
grammer? ๐Ÿคจ
Decept.ICON

Jan 2, 2009, 5:41 PM
ever have a good day @ work.
DAYUM WOMAN! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ
gottalaugh

Jan 3, 2009, 6:54 PM
He may not be truly "insane". He is just a selfish magott busy self promoting his career at your expense.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.