Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Rookie Co-workers

wizardofCroz

Dec 22, 2008, 1:29 PM
In our company we have a family atmosphere. We feed off of each other while on the floor, and go out for some drinks every once in a while. But sometimes we'll get someone new who we want to drown in a large pile of cake batter.

I've only been here for 3 hours today and 3 times already this newbie keeps interrupting my sales and starting casual conversations with my customers. Does anyone else experience this?
BLEDSOE

Dec 22, 2008, 1:46 PM
oh yeah!!
Or they are doing a sale and you have to walk them thru EVERYTHING. It is like...man i should get something for this. I coached you through the pitch...then you did not know how to port. And you asked me what to input for ringing. Geez...retain some info please!!!
liquidfire

Dec 22, 2008, 7:26 PM
its worse when the managers and coworkers who have been there jump into your sales and have no clue what you were talking about with the customer.

you may have them sold on a phone and about to ring everything out, then dippy do walks over and trash talks the phone you just sold them on. now you have to start at square one and try to save the sale you just had
mist668

Dec 22, 2008, 8:30 PM
liquidfire said:
its worse when the managers and coworkers who have been there jump into your sales and have no clue what you were talking about with the customer.

you may have them sold on a phone and about to ring everything out, then dippy do walks over and trash talks the phone you just sold them on. now you have to start at square one and try to save the sale you just had

lol i love those... couple here and there but not as bad... work in a kiosk by myself on my shift usually
j-villa

Dec 22, 2008, 9:44 PM
you really have no idea how bad the two are he is talking about....mainly one. 🤣 🤣
ac4321

Dec 25, 2008, 1:14 AM
Not really casual conversations, but I've had a rookie coworker butt in instead of letting me take care of things. I had a polite talk with him and that took care of it. Sometimes rookies are oblivious to stuff like that until you talk to them about it or it happens to them with the next round of rooks.
crazyeaglefan236

Dec 26, 2008, 12:09 AM
Did you pull the newbie away and tell them to never interrupt the sales process. This interrupts the flow and can totally undo a sale. Rarely will this ever solidify a sale.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 26, 2008, 10:31 AM
Very true! Luckily, I work alone, so I don't have to work with the rookies beyond training them. That kinda sucks, since I do lose some activations, but they give me a training bonus to make up.

Unfortunately, working alone also means the rookie is working alone, and thus in turn I get tons of phone calls from them asking questions. The most recent called me 12 times over his first 5 hour solo shift, all about stuff we covered in training.
dualitycomplex

Dec 26, 2008, 9:53 PM
I have a "boss" that likes to butt in on every sales, myself I'll have the phone sold, prices set on everything customer happy as anything and he just comes out from the back room and blasts my deal to hell, "your giving her the 755 for free i see" no you jack ass I'm not i was giving it to her for XXX.xx, then he gets pissed off when i excuse myself from the sales wrap and let him take care of the customer, so i can have a word with him in the back after he is done selling that customer the phone at the price he quoted under his numbers.

Might not be proffessional of me to leave the customer with him, but in my eyes they stopped being my customer the second he slashed my deal and i started to look like a complete jack ass for trying to...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Dec 27, 2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah, thats really messed up! Does your manager have a manager you can talk to? Or is their an owner you can talk to? Since if so, I would, since that is not acceptable at all.
ccareatatt

Dec 27, 2008, 1:04 PM
See he should have pulled you to the side saying "Hey, lets give them a better discount" and allowed you to present the good news. It would have been a lot better in the customers eyes anyway.. "Guess what?! I have even better news for being a 'valued' customer you get it for a better price". He totally stole your moment and that wasnt cool at all. I bet had it been that way to begin with the customer would have came back to you for service again. I still remember the sales rep who sold me my first Nokia TDMA phone... nicest guy ever and I kept coming back to him.. now he works in corporate making more than I do but he deserves it.
gadawg119

Dec 27, 2008, 11:16 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I actually had someone in mind who does that. Then I saw who was posting. She drives me CRAZY TOO!!!!! Although I wouldn't waste that much cake batter, expanding insullation seems much more effective for me...
wizardofCroz

Dec 27, 2008, 12:05 PM
Thank god she's off today. But I hear she's been lurking in the parking lot waiting for a custy to walk by so she can start talking to them and make her own checklist... 👀
Macushla

Dec 27, 2008, 11:29 AM
Experiencing the same thing myself. Plus all of the interruptions to ask questions that he should alreay know the answer to and getting in to my desk to get things that he should have.
gottalaugh

Jan 3, 2009, 5:27 PM
sounds like either poor training or poor employee selection

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.