Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Price protection

jonnygee007

Dec 16, 2008, 4:21 PM
So this woman comes in my store today. She purchased a phone 43 days ago. She was looking online and she saw the LG Dare For cheaper then what she paid for it. The nerve of some people..

C- I have been a customer for 6 years. Noticed that you have the dare Advertised $70 cheaper then it was over a month ago.

M- Yes the phone took a price drop for the Holidays.

C- I would like to be refunded the difference. There has to be some kinds of customer loyalty there.

M- You have had the phone over 30 days there is no Price protection after that.

C- Well what if I just cancel the whole thing?

M- You are free to do that, but since you are out of your 30 days you will pay 175 per line to cancel

C- Unbelievable (storms out)
Burger Time

Dec 16, 2008, 10:03 PM
I wish you would call me next time so that I can show up and mock these type of custys for you. And while I am at it, I'll laugh at her outfit too.
Menno

Dec 17, 2008, 1:32 PM
We had a customer try to pull this when we first opened.

They wanted us to price match craigslist though...

Then we had the bulb this week that asked if he could still get the $50 rebate even if he canceled his service.
kapwww

Dec 19, 2008, 12:31 AM
Had a lady come in complaining about the fact that her VZW wireless internet aircard service was $59.99 per month. She swore up and down that she saw on our site that internet service was free for the first month and only 20-30 per month after that.

I told her I hadn't heard of any such promotion and asked her to verify the website. She was looking at www.verizon.com for the landline/DSL service.

She wanted us to match still because "Verizon is Verizon" but Verizon DSL is not even available in our area. She was already 8 months into her service so I would not have seen any type of chargeback if she canceled. She just did NOT want to believe that it was a different service and that we weren't ripping her off.
jeffatt

Dec 19, 2008, 10:18 AM
^That's along the same lines as the people who think the unlimited calling should be $99 regardless of they have 1 line....or 10.
ccareatatt

Dec 19, 2008, 3:25 PM
She sounds stupid. You could have shown it right to her face and she still would have said "Huh?". I hate stupid people. I am surprised they could even dial 611.
dualitycomplex

Dec 19, 2008, 10:32 PM
I love the days when people come in to pay their verizon land line/dsl bills and i have to go through all the explaining that they are not on the same system and i cannot take their payment for those services but the office that can is 3 blocks down the road. those time honored lines "Verizon is Verizon" pop out of their mouths several dozen times til i snag the bills from their hands and show them at on the top of the bills it is clearly labled VERIZON on land line/dsl bills and VERIZON WIRELESS on cell phone bills 2 seperate departments 2 seperate billing systems stop crying go pay your bills or mail it in, I dont care if your late, you can pay it down the road but hurry up they close in 20 minutes.

and i love when they come in and wan...
(continues)
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 20, 2008, 7:44 PM
one time this lady came in all pissed off cuz she wanted the Dare for like $100 before rebate -

there were three lines on her account that were eligible for upgrade

normally the Dare is $199 after rebate for an upgrade.....

my coworker calls the owner while i talk to the customer.....

he comes back out and says that we can offer the Dare to her for FREE AFTER REBATE (i literally choked at that point) IF she upgrades the other two lines with us (her kids both wanted phones anyways.)

SHE REFUSES.

unbelievable. a $500+ phone offered for free after rebate........

she totally wasnt worth the effort *sighs*
j-villa

Dec 20, 2008, 8:33 PM
lol people are rediculous. I always tell people. Hey look at it this way. I sell for this company and i pay FULL retail for my phones. And people go 😲 when they see the real prices.

But most don't know how cheap my monthly payments are. 🤤

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.