Wal-Mart to sell the iPhone

Nadesico81

Dec 9, 2008, 3:42 AM
God help us all..........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28113513/ »

Yet another reason to hate Wal-Mart.
Saint.Patrick

Dec 9, 2008, 9:17 AM
Competition is good, even if that competition comes from a national retailer like Wal*Mart. This is why corporate retail stores really need to be able to offer the personal attention and service that for the most part is lacking in national retailers.
llama

Dec 9, 2008, 9:59 AM
Saint.Patrick said:
corporate retail stores really need to be able to offer the personal attention and service that for the most part is lacking in national retailers.

maybe Sprint should hire people like that.
Saint.Patrick

Dec 9, 2008, 3:43 PM
That is why people like me and others exist in Sprint.
avguy87

Dec 9, 2008, 3:51 PM
WOW! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I never thought an ego could get that big!
Saint.Patrick

Dec 9, 2008, 3:55 PM
That's not all that's BIG about me. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Saint.Patrick

Dec 9, 2008, 3:57 PM
๐Ÿ˜Ž
CellularHolocaust

Dec 10, 2008, 12:00 PM
He has really big elephant ears.
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 11, 2008, 4:22 PM
Ok now to divert attention away from Saint.Patrick's size and back to the subject @ hand. The OP is right this blowz a big one. Not only did at&t make some type of godfather deal with apple that only allows its corp stores to sell these devices, but now retailers like Best Buy and Wal-mart are included. Kinda ass backwards. You can go to your local retailer and be turned away because they aren't allowed to carry said device. However visit your local walmart and get it for cheaper than you can purchase it @ a corp store!?!?!?!?! I work of a indirect currently and I miss atleast 4 sales a day due to "I-phone" phenomenon. Thats alot of profit! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
NUFF SAID
GONE....
CellularHolocaust

Dec 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
It doesn't take a genius to ring up cell phones. Sure, WalMart has absolutely no sales proficiency. Sure, WalMart employees could give a flying **** if you buy or not. Unfortunately nobody gives a damn cause the price will be next to nothing (if not nothing).
srose.mhc.vzw2

Dec 10, 2008, 1:02 PM
personally, i could care less if wally world decides to sell the iphone, since i don't work for at&t ... but i do work for verizon as a premium retailer store, wally world already sells verizon phones and plans... so when those retarded customers who got "SUCH A GREAT DEAL ON THEIR PHONE"...decide to come b*tch and complain to us when their phone decides to stop working, we can't do anything because we aren't a direct location ....so now at&t just has to deal with the same hassle as we do. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ sucks for at&t retailers.
Menno

Dec 9, 2008, 9:37 AM
I feel sorry for all the people at ATT call centers...

"I got this iphone thingy, and what is this data plan fur? What do you mean I need it? Well then I'm returning the phone. I don't care about no 30 day guarentee, you will take this phone and give me a new one!

Bob is now shopping at walmart again.
wizardofCroz

Dec 9, 2008, 10:19 AM
had someone come in wanting to use their 3g iphone as a go-phone... ๐Ÿคจ wow. Can you say hood rich? cuz he surely could
WZ_agent

Dec 9, 2008, 1:45 PM
just had a customer call and ask pricing for a krave, dare, and BB storm...for prepay. took me a minute to actually respond. ๐Ÿ‘€
jackrabbit6179

Dec 10, 2008, 11:14 AM
This really bothers me.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that a lingerie employee will be getting social security numbers or the fact that I'm in the same plaza as a wal-mart and going to get stuck fixing their damn f***ups as always...
devilsmafia

Dec 10, 2008, 12:10 PM
If they are gonna be cheaper at walmart, i'll probably get one.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 10, 2008, 12:13 PM
devilsmafia said:
If they are gonna be cheaper at walmart, i'll probably get one.

Correction: Cheapest*
MildManneredClarkGrunion

Dec 11, 2008, 2:42 PM
Because AT&T still can't set up service locally in Bangor, Maine. All the dumbasses will be getting their newly purchased IPhone at Wallyworld then bringing it in to be activated and whining over why it can't be done.

Makes me glad our stores went out of business last month.
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 11, 2008, 6:13 PM
The OP is right this blowz a big one. Not only did at&t make some type of godfather deal with apple that only allows its corp stores to sell these devices, but now retailers like Best Buy and Wal-mart are included. Kinda ass backwards. You can go to your local retailer and be turned away because they aren't allowed to carry said device. However visit your local walmart and get it for cheaper than you can purchase it @ a corp store!?!?!?!?! I work of a indirect currently and I miss atleast 4 sales a day due to "I-phone" phenomenon. Thats alot of profit!
NUFF SAID
GONE....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.