Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Most phone numbers you've seen in a phone

mogulchic21

Dec 6, 2008, 1:43 PM
I had a customer earlier this week come in and I was doing a phone exchange for a defective device. I swapped over his phone book using the Cellebrite machine that we have here in the store. I didn't think PDA devices could hold more than 500 contacts, but I guess I was wrong. His Palm Centro had 2327!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Anyone else see that many?

Let me just say that I was SHOCKED as were my other coworkers in my store.
devilsmafia

Dec 6, 2008, 2:57 PM
Blackberry's and most PDA's can store thousands of contacts. It's not unusual to see that many contacts in a PDA, espeacially if that person is using it for business and personal contacts.
tanya_ATT

Dec 6, 2008, 7:29 PM
all of our phone, (with the exceptio of blackberries) have a phone capacity of 500, the Blackberry pearl, curve and bold , all have "shared memory" soo, u can add as many as u want, allowing that their is memory that is free to use on the phone. ๐Ÿ˜
CellularHolocaust

Dec 6, 2008, 7:32 PM
I have never seen a phone or PDA able to do more than 1000 contacts, but that's on the SIM card. You can program more in on the phone's internal memory. But damn...that is a lot. I think once you're at 1000 you should start using a computer and just make life simpler. I can't even imagine scrolling through it lol.
tanya_ATT

Dec 6, 2008, 7:35 PM
right.. its ridiculous to even know that many ppl that u would want/need to call
CellularHolocaust

Dec 6, 2008, 8:15 PM
They can't possibly be for business in the usual sense, they have to be customers for whatever service he offers. Did he have enough tact to atleast categorize them into groups? Lawlz.
kapwww

Dec 6, 2008, 7:39 PM
The guy probably puts in every number from every person he meets even if he'll never talk to them again. He thinks having that many contacts makes him cool or important. If they were actually his friends, it might be different. He's probably trying to make up for having a small appendage.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 6, 2008, 8:15 PM
kapwww said:
He's probably trying to make up for having a small appendage.

Or maybe he IS the small appendage.
DaCoach

Dec 8, 2008, 11:46 AM
Why would someone with a small arm need alot of contacts???

iamconfused....
Ask The Shack

Dec 8, 2008, 9:25 AM
I deal with people daily with Windows mobile devices over the phone. Often time they usually have 1000+ contacts, mainly for buisness.

The only reason why they call is because they lost all the contacts on their phone, never synched it to a computer, and then they say it's not their problem that they lost their data, it's MY problem to recover their data.

At those times, I go out of my way to NOT help them.
mogulchic21

Dec 8, 2008, 11:19 AM
I have no idea what this guy used his phone for but let me lay some background info. He came in the store wearing a yarmulke (sorry about the spelling) with the long side curls. He was an odd character for sure. I know that you can get a fair amount of contacts on the PDA devices, but really do even business customers have that many numbers??? ๐Ÿคจ He seemed kinda odd; but I wasn't about to push the issue....

Oh and he told the rep who ordered him the phone that insurance on your phone is only for losers. She countered with "oh really, I have insurance on my $600 BB and I've had to use the insurance to get a replacement twice" Yea he pretty much just shut up about that afterwards.....
ccareatatt

Dec 8, 2008, 11:24 AM
What a weirdo. It is always our fault if they lose their contacts or delete them. I always counter back "I am sorry you selected yes to delete all and you never synced your computer unfortunately I cannot retrieve your contacts." Half the time they are looking in the wrong place anyway or have a filter on but since i cant see that over the phone its hard to help them out. Then when you ask them if they filtered any contacts today they say.."Huh?" lol
jonnygee007

Dec 8, 2008, 11:20 AM
I had a guy who had an old tmobile blackberry and he had about 3000 contacts in it. He had so many when when we went to switch the numbers over to the Dare it filled to capacity at the letter M

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.