Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

W760 issue

illinformedcustomer

Dec 3, 2008, 6:31 PM
A customer had come back into the store and was told by CS that his had a hardware issue and it should be replaced. The issue was this; any photo that he would click on while browsing on MediaNet would lose its quality and look almost like a negative, upon being enlarged. As anyone else heard of this or know how it can be avoided?
Darkwingduk

Dec 3, 2008, 7:28 PM
Yeah it can easily be avoided... dont purchase the phone... I havent heard of this problem before. That phone takes amazing pictures tho.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 3, 2008, 7:49 PM
Huh? Sounds like a software issue to me, not hardware. If the pictures the customer was taking came out like that, then yes hardware, but because it is converting them to that, software.

I would have checked to see if it had some sort of auto convert setting to make it a negative turned on?

Just out of curiosity, did the account notes say they had called into CS and been told that?
liquidfire

Dec 3, 2008, 8:39 PM
account notes?
what are those? CS reps never use those. they just believe anything the cust says and then give them the world. 🙄
IrishCarBomb

Dec 3, 2008, 8:46 PM
I think this was an in store exchange... And you would be surprised how few in store agents check account notes... not sure about CS, I would assume much more so than in store agents seeing that the CS rely on the note system much more than in store folk do.

I work in store, but always check account notes, they are fun to read, and they are the primary form of communication between CS and in store agents.
Crapbag

Dec 3, 2008, 10:33 PM
Sadly POS.com II only allows you to see the ten most recent posts. Five of which are automated posts from you logging into account.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 4, 2008, 5:41 PM
That sucks! I am lucky then, I guess, since I can see every note ever, and a bunch of other stuff, but I am a corporate store and while we have nationwide service through our affiliations, we are only a statewide company.
ccareatatt

Dec 3, 2008, 11:14 PM
I dont. I read all notes thoroughly and make thorough notes.. tired of the he said she said BS.
lilfroggy

Dec 3, 2008, 8:46 PM
you mean it didn't fall apart? amazing!
illinformedcustomer

Dec 4, 2008, 11:01 AM
the issue isn't with the photos he is taking just the ones he tries to enlarge while using medianet. And Yes I read over the notes

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.