Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Personally Offended!!!

ladybyrd

Nov 16, 2008, 1:55 PM
I just had this jerk of a sexist pig come in our store, his wife broke the back of her phone and he wanted me to give him a new one. After trying to explain to him why I couldn't just take one off of a new phone and give it to his as he requested, he complained to my manager about my incompetince. Once again he was told why we couldn't do that. After my manager left he turns to his son and says this is why you go to school so you don't have to work at a place like this...Well THIS employee graduated from high school with honors, (National, Beta, and Mu Alpha Theta) and is going to college and I'm the third in my class Phi Theta Kappa...that mofo can kiss my super smart @$$!!! 👿
yoboy8

Nov 16, 2008, 1:57 PM
🤣
anarchy

Nov 16, 2008, 1:57 PM
You should have asked him how much he makes.

I had a woman tell me that I made $10 an hour once.. I lol'd and told here
I cleared 100k for 2007
ladybyrd

Nov 16, 2008, 2:43 PM
This cat was claiming to be a lawyer. Well he must be a suck @$$ one because he had upgraded to the LG AX 155 a while back...What a loser.
Menno

Nov 16, 2008, 3:02 PM
I had someone come in and tried getting me to discount everything to 0 because they were some business hotshot.

Their phone: The Pantech 210
The cost (before discount) .99

They also pointed to the bluetooth in their ear as evidence of their importance. (The pantech doesn't support bluetooth) I told him this, and he stormed off saying that he would take his business elseware.

Considering my commission goes to pot if I discount a phone, he was ordering no acc, no data, and would invariably be back trying to exchange the phone after our exchange date, I didn't put up much of a fight when he said that.
Pious Goddess

Nov 16, 2008, 3:54 PM
I had a customer on the phone the other day, who did not know the password on her acct. That she had been verifying for months, that her husband had added months before. She got mad at me because I refused to give her any information about her account because she did not know the password. I gave her an option on how to get it reset, offered to call the husband and she declined each. She wanted to speak to a manager but they will reject unverified callers, and I told her.

So she told me, "I hated Verizon, but came to you because I wanted your service and now you all are complete idiots. Next time I call in, I want to speak to someone with higher than a high school diploma." I seriously almost laughed on the call, I wish I could have hone...
(continues)
Menno

Nov 16, 2008, 4:11 PM
So you reply "So this means you'll be speaking to me."

I've had customers use the "High school education" line on me in the store, and since I have a college degree it is rather easy to refute, but if they are really being difficult, I respond with "Requiring that customers properly identify themselves doesn't require a high school education m'am, it is just good policy and a security that you obviously desired when you set up the password on your account in the first place."
Pious Goddess

Nov 16, 2008, 4:32 PM
I explained the whole password set up, but I always tell customers they can remove it at the store or if they verify it with us we can remove/change it. But it never bothers me much, I get kicks and laughs out of their insults. It honestly gets them no where and makes their situation worse.
ccareatatt

Nov 16, 2008, 7:43 PM
Yea i got in trouble because someone said they were going to sue because they had to go to a store two blocks away from them to change their password..i told the customer good luck with that....
ladybyrd

Nov 17, 2008, 12:22 PM
Wow, 😳 two whole blocks. Poor dear. Custies are such nagroms. 🤣
Pious Goddess

Nov 17, 2008, 2:19 PM
Now that sucks. I wish we did not have to be so restricted on what to say with customers.
ccareatatt

Nov 18, 2008, 12:27 AM
I know.. i wish we could prove to them they lie to us too... like i wish we could pull up prior recorded calls and say.. SEE HE NEVER SAID THAT!
Azeron

Nov 16, 2008, 4:40 PM
Which is why I don't miss commissioned sales. Doctors and lawyers always seemed to want to flaunt their occupations as why they should not have to pay for anything. I get a minimum wage worker approved with no deposit and they were just so happy they saw no reason to haggle over price. I was so happy to transfer from the burbs store to the mall when I worked for AT&T wireless.
SimOrMsn

Nov 17, 2008, 10:29 PM
I get that sometimes to. I had a guy ci, I asked his name, and he said "DOCTOR SMITH." He put so much emphasis on the fact that he was a doctor. I continued on to say. Well Doctor Smith it looks like your phone is off because you are over your $150 spending limit, looks like you went over your 200 minuets included in your plan.
Saint.Patrick

Nov 19, 2008, 10:37 AM
I hate to say it, but almost anyone who has a high school diploma, is assertive, customer service and sales oriented with an outgoing personality can get a job in the wireless industry and not have to have a college education. Since we're in a recession, people should be glad just to have jobs whatever they may be.
ladybyrd

Nov 22, 2008, 2:23 PM
You make no sense. 🙄
WhoDey

Nov 23, 2008, 12:02 PM
Why are you shocked by that?
Ol Patrick is so amazed by his own inane rabling that he forgets to pay attention to the subject at hand.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.