Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

Verizon is going bankrupt!!!!!!!!!!....................................?

CBR600

Nov 15, 2008, 12:54 PM
I work at indirect verizon...custy got mad because i wouldnt do a free phone book transfer(he bought his phones online) He prceeded to say "no wonder you guys are going out of business" i then laughed at him. "havent you heard about you guys going bankrupt!" I laugh again and he gets pissed and leaves. How is it that the nations largest network( customer wise) is going out of business? ha i got a kick out of it. ......then immediately after....(different one) HEY! can i AX you a question? love my job.
20momof3

Nov 15, 2008, 1:32 PM
Isn't it amazing how customers tell you what your employer is doing...its lovely. I wish I was that much in the loop! 😛
ajlineman

Nov 15, 2008, 1:40 PM
Don't you know? Customers know everything!

Like when they call in and ask for the 300 minute plan (doesn't exist and never has on our network)

I work for em, but the customer is right! I am and idiot, and how dare I not allow them to get the plan they KNOW exists...

I love people..................................

(Shoots self in head)
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 15, 2008, 4:49 PM
$34.99. 300 Anytime, Unlimited N&W. No IN calling.

Verizon has had it for a long time. We still offer it, but it's not on a rate plan brochure.

I've worked both sides, BTW, Corp and Indirect. I love indirect. And I love it because I take pride in knowing more than the other indirects... hooray.
BigShowJB

Nov 15, 2008, 8:09 PM
would you like some salt for your foot AJ?
ajlineman

Nov 15, 2008, 8:22 PM
Escuse me?
BigShowJB

Nov 15, 2008, 8:52 PM
sorry .. I thought from the one response you were part of the evil (red) empire and just stuck your foot in your mouth about the 300 min plan... but never mind.
ajlineman

Nov 18, 2008, 9:42 PM
Evil (red) empire being VZW?

Nope... I'm with the ever changing AT&T.

VZW may be an empire... but try keeping up with our name!
ajlineman

Nov 15, 2008, 8:22 PM
I don't work for verizon:
And AT&T doesn't and never did... not even as cingular.
Menno

Nov 16, 2008, 2:47 PM
While we can still tyechnically add it, it is a horrible plan.

save 5 dollars for 150 fewer minutes, and no in calling (which is a huge selling point). Now, i know people are looking to save money, but overage charge potential along should be enough to steer "frugal" customers away.
Azeron

Nov 16, 2008, 4:42 PM
Verizon had that in the NE but never in the South. I am not sure about West and Midwest though.
kapwww

Nov 17, 2008, 10:59 PM
The only people who ever really got it were old people and now we have the 65 plus for even less including in calling. They should just dump the $34.99 from the system.
20momof3

Nov 15, 2008, 8:12 PM
It that's not the truth I don't know what is! Just like customers can get free phones with a month to month contract because the flyer that Joe Customer's mom's sister's brother's dad's uncle's grandpa got said so!
OfAMightDivine

Nov 15, 2008, 2:05 PM
AT&T has more customers than VZW.

A buddy of mine that works in an AT&T indirect likes to respond to the "Can I ax you a question" with "I'm sorry, we don't handle ax questions here. I can point you down to Sears or Ace Hardware, but I can only assist with cell phones."
Menno

Nov 16, 2008, 1:30 PM
They do have more customers, for the moment (Alltel will push them to #1)

Verizon did post a profit for last quarter. Which was a rarity.
CellularHolocaust

Nov 16, 2008, 1:40 PM
Verizon can beat 70 million users? I'd like to see a source for this since I can't find one...
Menno

Nov 16, 2008, 1:53 PM
Combine Verizon's customer base with Alltel's. I'll need to find the article again, but they said that this should push them to the #1 slot.
ajstrong

Nov 17, 2008, 1:40 PM
http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon ... »

and for those firewalled....

Wireless

1.5 million organic net customer additions, all retail (non-wholesale); 2.1 million total retail net additions including customers from acquisitions.
70.8 million total customers; 68.8 million retail customers, up 11.3 percent.
Industry-leading low churn - 1.33 percent total churn and 1.03 percent retail post-paid churn.
12.5 percent increase in total revenues; data revenues up 42.5 percent; 44.2 percent EBITDA margin on service revenues (non-GAAP).

Ma Bell's wireless division....

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news ... »

and for those firewalled, the juicy bit...
(continues)
ajstrong

Nov 17, 2008, 1:44 PM
o, and for sources, they were hard to find....google and "3rd quarter results 2008 ____insert company name here"

It's amazing what the internet can provide....
Menno

Nov 18, 2008, 5:13 PM
It can provide a lot, to those without a firewall
CellularHolocaust

Nov 15, 2008, 8:50 PM
CBR600 said:
How is it that the nations largest network( customer wise) is going out of business?

It's not the largest network customer wise, AT&T is the largest network customer wise. 70 million cell phone users, 120 million if you count landlines (which they can take advantage of with unity plans).

Verizon/Sprint simply have more coverage. It's debatable which one is larger...

HEY! can i AX you a question? love my job.

Yes blacks are funny.
yoboy8

Nov 16, 2008, 1:58 PM
once alltel is acquired
CBR600

Nov 17, 2008, 5:42 PM
i was meaning after the alltel aquisition. it is approved already by the fcc. oops my bad on the getting ahead of myself. CORRECTION: Will be the largest US network in like a month. oh and the storm pwns the iphone. ive already had multiple people wanting to switch the day i get them.i have a feeling 4th quarter will have a good profit for us.....and hella commission for me. Giggity
Fredd

Nov 18, 2008, 5:36 PM
Until those iPhone people realize that the ETF applies - oh, and that the Storm can only have simultaneous voice & data when in an overseas GSM network 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.