Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

holidays

custservguru

Nov 2, 2008, 10:05 PM
So other than you lucky peeps that work in stores, who has to work Thanksgiving and Christmas? They just announced that we are now going to be open both days, and well I guess New Years's Day as well, but hey, that's next year, so we're not discussing that just yet.
I just don't really understand how many idiots really need to call in and complain on the holidays. That is the last thing that I even think about on these days. We are usually really slow on the not so important holidays,so why, on the biggest ones of the year, do they believe we really will need 300 people in a call center taking calls?
Better have plenty of reading materials..... ๐Ÿคจ
metalsmokearsenal

Nov 2, 2008, 10:52 PM
But retail's got it made with paid holiday's and **** not...
custservguru

Nov 2, 2008, 11:13 PM
well ive been here since 06 and we havent been open Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Day at any point before that. I guess it's just as well, I'll be alone for the holidays this year. ๐Ÿ˜ข
dalily21

Nov 3, 2008, 12:44 AM
Sorry guru, I know how ya feel โ˜น๏ธ
beergirl

Nov 3, 2008, 1:29 PM
Holidays suck anyway! I wish we were open. Easy way out of family crap...not that we have family crap anymore. I'm always alone on the holidays, which I prefer.
custservguru

Nov 3, 2008, 3:35 PM
For some people I'm sure that it is ok for them to be alone. I on the otherhand, am close to my family and this is the first year, regardless of me working,I was going to be alone, so it's a little hard for me, but its not the end of the world. Just kind of sad.
beergirl

Nov 3, 2008, 4:38 PM
Oh, I understand that, and I'm very close to my family. I have 7 brothers and sisters...how could we not be close? I don't celebrate Christmas (so you can only imagine my aggrivation with customers during the season) and we quit doing Thanksgiving years ago because it just became a huge hassle. This is actually my first year back near my family after moving around the country for a few years. I have my own Christmas traditions. They involve a hangover and Chinese takeout.
custservguru

Nov 3, 2008, 5:01 PM
haha nice. I'm thinking thats sounding like a good plan to me. ๐Ÿ˜
parkaydj

Nov 3, 2008, 7:24 PM
Did you guys sleep in separate beds when you were younger?
parkaydj

Nov 3, 2008, 7:23 PM
Don't worry, your family secretly hates you and will be glad your not around.
Menno

Nov 3, 2008, 4:46 PM
Paid holidays? Nope, i still need to work 40-50 hours a week no matter how many days we are closed.
custservguru

Nov 3, 2008, 5:00 PM
well at least one thing i can say is i now dont have to worry about making up those hours now.
darknessdenounced

Nov 14, 2008, 12:03 PM
yeah but we get to deal with crazies face to face...so way your options...and btw...I work on thanksgiving and new years too...only xmas off...le sigh, retail isnt any better.... ๐Ÿ˜ข
parkaydj

Nov 3, 2008, 7:22 PM
Thats why you call out of work. Honestly is the job that important? I mean it isn't exactly a "career"
F the people that want to call in on holidays anyhow..

Also, thous who work in stores, work holidays - who cares if you have a family, you need to be at big pink to help some illiterate a-hole read his bill...
crazyworld

Nov 3, 2008, 10:28 PM
well at least u get to read . at my call center and its very small one only like 12 people we are not allowed to read anymore .. and we have to ask to go to the bathroom ... its more like prison to me lol i guess while waiting 15 mins in between calls i should be doing something better with my time so i draw pretty pics on there paper all day woo hoo . and im not supposed to be on phone scoop
thats right we cant go on the internet either uuuggghhh ๐Ÿคญ
MildManneredClarkGrunion

Nov 4, 2008, 10:20 AM
๐Ÿ˜›
longsleeves

Nov 4, 2008, 11:16 AM
My experience has been when we work on holidays in my call center we are back to back calls. We are an outside vendor for at&t and the real at&t call centers ususally close so we get it all.
jreed3686

Nov 5, 2008, 10:54 AM
300 people? Man we have 900-1000 people and we are all mandatory to be here...but before made mandatory...i requested thanksgiving off ๐Ÿ™‚ lucky me...and the biggest shopping day of the year just because i enjoy watching everyone beat the crap out of each other lol ๐Ÿคฃ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.