Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

I'm a very important person

wiskeyweighner

Oct 31, 2008, 11:47 AM
customer-Yeah umm my blackberry is not working properly. I pay you guys 200 dollars a month. I need you to give me a new one.

employee-Alright lets take a look at your account to see if your under warranty or can upgrade.

customer-I just need a new blackberry.

employee-in order to properly assist you with your problem i will need to access your account to discuss your options with you.

customer-I have had your service before you were probably born! ok my number is 555-555-5555.

employee-(snickers to himself after seeing account) customer the phone you have is 3 years old so is no longer under warranty. you are eligable for an upgrade, lets discuss your options about getting into one of the newest blackberrys.

customer-...
(continues)
beergirl

Oct 31, 2008, 11:50 AM
no, no, no!! Better yet!!

16 year old female customer: I broke my iphone. It's my 6th one. Does my mom have to buy me a new one?

me: yeah, pretty much.
mist668

Oct 31, 2008, 12:01 PM
I tell my customers that it is your responsibility to take care of the phone and if you break it and are not able to do an insurance claim, or in warranty... then it is their responsibility to fix the problem.
beergirl

Oct 31, 2008, 12:09 PM
D-bag of the year:

This gentleman just so happens to be the son of a very important person in the financial industry. His daughter looks like she's inbred, and he's flipping out on me because her tilt isn't working properly. They had to do a warranty exchange and demanded that I place the call. Then he refused to listen to the disclosures and asked the woman on the phone several questions regarding the disclosures.

Now, to be nice, I told him that when he gets the new phone in, he can bring BOTH phones to me as well as his daughter's laptop and I'll transfer everything. I specifically asked what operating system was on her laptop. He looked confused, so I asked if it was windows or mac. He said windows. Comes back in a few days later w...
(continues)
CellularHolocaust

Oct 31, 2008, 2:27 PM
beergirl said:
I also mentioned that I couldn't figure out how someone with so little common sense could have so much power, and that until he could speak to me like a human being, he and his ugly daughter could solve their problems by themselves.

Yeah... I question that.
๐Ÿคจ
beergirl

Oct 31, 2008, 2:56 PM
Hey, I was pissed.
erc

Oct 31, 2008, 3:55 PM
Been there, done that.

Recently a customer came into the store and my coworker started working with him. He was having issues with his instinct, specifically dropped it in water. She explained to him that she has to place the order with Asurian for a new one before we activate his old phone as a temporary phone, and he said ok... and then paused. He pulled out his mail in rebate and asks her if she can do anything about it.

After inspecting it she see's that he had to send it in MONTHS ago to get the 100 dollars back. She explains that she cannot do anything about it, and gave him the phone number to the rebate department, hoping they can.

After she explained to him that she can't do anything, he goes off. He starts ranting an...
(continues)
CellularHolocaust

Oct 31, 2008, 4:44 PM
She said she called his daughter ugly.
ACSlater

Nov 4, 2008, 5:02 PM
I took nasty pictures of his ugly daughter.

๐Ÿ˜ˆ
cellphoneslinger

Nov 5, 2008, 3:31 PM
can u post them or send them it would go great with the story!!!
CellularHolocaust

Oct 31, 2008, 2:29 PM
You know realistically people always want free stuff and in todays market place I don't blame this guy. He probably saw the same crap at walmart for next to nothing, or other indirects, or the Internet. I'm sure at your corporate location you get so much business that it doesn't matter that you missed out on some upgrades.
CellularHolocaust

Oct 31, 2008, 2:30 PM
It pisses me off too but not enough to make long posts on ps about. I mean come on. I give the entertainment value of your story a 2 out of 10.
beergirl

Oct 31, 2008, 2:58 PM
We're not corporate. We're an authorized retailer. Not a big box store, but still. Problem with customers where whiskey and I work is that they are, indeed, very important people. We just don't care.
Menno

Nov 4, 2008, 6:07 PM
He was with the company for 3 years, he was out of contract and warranty. They quoted the correct price. what did they do wrong?
The New ATnT Wireless

Oct 31, 2008, 2:43 PM
I think everyone has had at least 10 of these jerks at some point in their wireless career.
beergirl

Oct 31, 2008, 2:59 PM
Of course, but where else can we make fun of them?
The New ATnT Wireless

Oct 31, 2008, 6:34 PM
beergirl said:
Of course, but where else can we make fun of them?

True! That's why I come to shop talk to read about these stories! I am not dissin' I love this guy's post.
beergirl

Oct 31, 2008, 6:46 PM
We work in the same store in a well-to-do area. It can be a bit of a nightmare.
kapwww

Nov 2, 2008, 9:27 PM
Try 10 a month, if not a week!
parkaydj

Nov 2, 2008, 8:57 PM
If they ever sue they can subopena there account notes so becareful when you choose to notate. Scrotate.
CellularHolocaust

Nov 4, 2008, 7:18 PM
parkaydj said:
Scrotate.

Scrotum?
beergirl

Nov 5, 2008, 3:47 PM
We just sign ours DT, for douchetastic. Who knows who it'll come back to?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.