Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Water Damage

Darkwingduk

Oct 24, 2008, 10:09 AM
Ive been at work for an 1 and 30 minutes. Just had the second customer come in with water damage to their phone and try and tell me they never got it wet. It voids the warranty don't get pissed off at me because you sweat thru your pants. The red sticker indicates you are a fu#kin liar. Go away. Thats what insurance is for which I explain to everyone so eat sh!t.
rhi_nan

Oct 24, 2008, 10:14 AM
water damage makes me cringe.... ๐Ÿ˜•

I like the people who say "I never got it wet, and I even set it on the shelf furhest away from the shower head when I'm in the shower. I'm very careful." ๐Ÿคจ

or or

With a baby on her hip.. "No, I didn't get it wet. I've never spilled anything on it." So I say Does your baby ever get ahold of your phone. "Yes, she plays with it when it's off but she didn't spill anything on it." ๐Ÿคค
BLEDSOE

Oct 24, 2008, 10:15 AM
or better yet....they pull it out of their baby's mouth to hand it to you...saying It's not working..

Hmmmmm....wonder why??

Nope never spilled anything on it...just let it marinate in baby drool. ๐Ÿคฃ
rhi_nan

Oct 24, 2008, 10:17 AM
babies are gross... โ˜น๏ธ

No offense to anyone with a baby... but eww.
UOQuack

Oct 24, 2008, 10:21 AM
THANK YOU!! God! I'm not alone in thinking this way *whew*
rhi_nan

Oct 24, 2008, 10:23 AM
I think there are many of us out there... I bet 33% of them are parents. ๐Ÿคฃ
UOQuack

Oct 24, 2008, 10:27 AM
Sadly you are probably right. I actually do like kids, just not babies. From 5-8 I can start to tolerate them, then from 8 and up I can relate to them pretty good. Babies.. no thanks.
rhi_nan

Oct 24, 2008, 10:29 AM
I agree. And all those people who fuss over how cute babies are... I just don't see it. They all look the same until they hit 2 or 3. Then they get entertaining. I love spending time with my nieces or nephews but they are 3, 6, and 8. They're a riot.
UOQuack

Oct 24, 2008, 10:31 AM
You must be my long lost sister. Either that, or my soul mate. Come to think of it, I live in South Carolina now, so there's really no societal restriction against you being both.
rhi_nan

Oct 24, 2008, 10:32 AM
haha well, my family is from kentucky so... no problem on my end either. ๐Ÿ˜›
UOQuack

Oct 24, 2008, 10:34 AM
hahaha
rhi_nan

Oct 24, 2008, 10:35 AM
don't judge me, i have all my teeth and no history of incest... that I know of ๐Ÿ‘€
UOQuack

Oct 24, 2008, 10:38 AM
LOL
No judgements here. I have a funny story about that, not really shop talk material though, so to make it short, let's just say after my mom passed a year and a half ago or so, my dad got remarried to one of her cousins from Germany. So she's my 2nd cousin, and now my stepmom, and thus was born the new family term: Step-mousin. Feel free to use it, should the need ever arise.
rhi_nan

Oct 24, 2008, 10:46 AM
aaahhh hahahahaha i'm soooooo gonna use it. ๐Ÿคฃ

thanks!

but sorry for your loss โ˜น๏ธ
UOQuack

Oct 24, 2008, 10:54 AM
My pleasure! ๐Ÿ™‚

...and thanks.
beergirl

Oct 24, 2008, 12:57 PM
I don't like children, in general. Sometimes they're okay when they're related, but in general, ugh. Babies gross me out. Toddlers p*ss me off. School-aged kids usually have headlice and sinus infections. My sister wasn't cool until she hit 11. Now she's fun.
Researcher

Oct 24, 2008, 12:57 PM
But most people have no problem MAKIN them ๐Ÿคฃ
UOQuack

Oct 24, 2008, 10:57 AM
I love these customers. It's raining like frakin crazy here today, and I know I'll have a couple custies wander in with liquid damaged phones, but swear the phone never got wet... despite the fact the phone wasnt protected from the rain in the slightest way while they clip-clopped across the parking lot.
beergirl

Oct 24, 2008, 1:03 PM
My favorite customer ever (we call him d-bag of the year): Walks in the door. Chucks the phone AT me. Says, "this POS phone doesn't work worth a gawdamm. You need to fix it."

Of course, during his initial rant, I start pulling the battery out and ask, "is the liquid damage recent? Or has it been working fine since is initially got wet?" (My gentler way of saying someone fried his phone)

Of course, it's never been wet. I explain what, exactly, litmus paper is. He says he doesn't believe in it. My simple response is, "you can't really argue with science, but okay..."

Then he said the most profound thing. I couldn't believe it. "I've never even been out in a rain-storm."

I couldn't resist. I mean, never, not once, in your whole life...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.