Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Good Customer service?

aguy-frombc

Sep 23, 2008, 4:24 PM
So I have this customer who likes to smoke. She really shouldn't but does anyways.

My job is to, "Prolong customer retention of product, through active involvement in their lives as it pertains to XYZ carrier and the sucess or longevity of said relationship."

So... Basically anythings fair game as I understand it.

Anywho... Customer smokes...Shes very attractive...

I tell her smoking will kill her and she won't be able to enjoy me or the company to the fullest of our ๐Ÿ˜‰ potentials unless she quits smoking...

Is that so wrong?

Written Warning for offensive language and suggestive speach...
VOICE OF REASON

Sep 23, 2008, 5:10 PM
As a smoker, say that to my and I'll kick your f(_)cking teeth in. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ Thats the most irritating crap I've heard all day....
Lateralus55

Sep 23, 2008, 6:17 PM
We smoke for reasons. A-holes like you are one of them.
VOICE OF REASON

Sep 23, 2008, 7:20 PM
Ex-smokers are the biggest haters of the non-smoking population. Flippin annoying...
kapwww

Sep 23, 2008, 10:26 PM
I'm an ex-smoker, but I don't hate the smokers or give them grief. I enjoyed smoking. I just quit because I really couldn't afford it anymore. I didn't care about the health aspect. ๐Ÿ˜
aguy-frombc

Sep 24, 2008, 9:05 AM
May the cancer in your lungs ravage you. May the tar cause your lungs to develope a think mucas that you cough up daily. May your family witness it so that they too may suffer. Smokers deserve it with every puff. The cancer is gonna suck to yo. You may wanna pray for the heart disease and fatal heart attack. I've already wished worse on ya. ๐Ÿ˜
VOICE OF REASON

Sep 24, 2008, 10:14 PM
My the brain tumor thats causing your mental retardation finally kill you. ๐Ÿ™„
Trygon

Sep 23, 2008, 5:12 PM
Every smoker in the world knows they're killing themselves with every drag. They don't need some pretentious bastard using their vices as a springboard to be holier-then-thou, make a sales pitch, and make a bedroom pitch, all in one sentence.

You should have been fired.
VOICE OF REASON

Sep 23, 2008, 5:16 PM
Or at least jumped in the parking lot...
cellfiend

Sep 23, 2008, 5:42 PM
You tell him! BRB need a smoke.
aguy-frombc

Sep 24, 2008, 9:05 AM
LOL. Again Smokers get cancer and die. Hopefully.
Trygon

Sep 24, 2008, 10:15 PM
Were you raped by tobacco as a child? No? Then why do you have it out for everyone that uses it?
VOICE OF REASON

Sep 24, 2008, 10:56 PM
no, no one ever paid attention to him, so he acts like an idiot so people will pay attention.
commiestar69

Sep 25, 2008, 10:22 PM
could you see a giant cigarette going at it with him going "take it, take it, take it"?
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
SEM

Sep 23, 2008, 5:13 PM
Not good customer service at all. That would be like me telling someone "I noticed that you are rather obese. If you would lose some weight you would get to experience our companies services longer, since you would not have such a high risk of dieing from a heart attack.".
OfAMightDivine

Sep 23, 2008, 5:39 PM
Why is telling the truth to someone such a bad thing?
Fredd

Sep 24, 2008, 10:28 AM
Because, to adapt a Jack Nicholson line, they can't handle the truth!
OfAMightDivine

Sep 26, 2008, 12:26 PM
Then they shouldn't be allowed to exist.
aguy-frombc

Sep 24, 2008, 9:06 AM
Said that one too. But no reprocussions. My manager agreed... lol

Death to the fatties too. Smoking Fatties need to DIE -Diet...lol
purdlefish

Sep 24, 2008, 10:46 PM
you must have the worst store in the world. you and your manager are tools. do you have any friends? if you do.... how do they stand your pretentious @$$
kapwww

Sep 23, 2008, 5:28 PM
I always keep sensitive personal stuff and politics off of the sales floor. I will connect personally in things they tell me, but I won't bring up the subject.

For example, if a customer wants to know how a camera phone can be practical, I can tell the story of my wife killing her car in a ditch and me leaving the house fast enough to not think about grabbing a camera. I just used the one in my phone.

If they talk about things they like to do and I know what they're talking about, I'll engage. I had a guy want to cancel a line today because he got talking on his phone while on a cruise and paid the roaming rate. I asked where the cruise was to, told him about some of my cruises I've done, and sold him some accessories for his ph...
(continues)
cellfiend

Sep 23, 2008, 5:43 PM
kapwww said:
and homeless people asking to use the phone and copy machine.

What are homeless people going to do with a copy machine?
VOICE OF REASON

Sep 23, 2008, 7:18 PM
Copy their balls..... What do you use a copy machine for? ๐Ÿคจ
kapwww

Sep 23, 2008, 10:28 PM
and Arses of course.

In truth though...the one homeless lady likes to pass out copies of parts of the bible or some crap like that. I don't let her make the copies here. I just point to the Fed Ex Kinkos across the street.
AVE007

Sep 23, 2008, 8:14 PM
I personally think that it might not have been a good idea for a sales pitch, but it was a very creatave and original pick up line!!! ๐Ÿคฃ
aguy-frombc

Sep 24, 2008, 9:08 AM
lol Thanks for the vote of confidence ๐Ÿ˜ U the only non hater thus far.
purdlefish

Sep 24, 2008, 10:48 PM
or something that he deserved to get fired for.. either way. i wonder how she kept from slapping you
Fredd

Sep 24, 2008, 10:36 AM
It is always poor customer service to point out negative personal issues, no matter what you think. Your job is to sell, not to pontificate upon someone's personal habits.

By the way, I am an ex-smoker (quit over 20 years ago), and object to some of the comments about ex-smokers. Never paint any class of people with a broad brush.

I have many friends that smoke, will occasionally have a few beverages with them (preferably at establishments in town, which has a non-smoking ordinance but occasinally out of the city). I do not force my personal beliefs on that vile habit on others in social settings, much less at work.
EasterBunny

Sep 24, 2008, 10:51 AM
It's a good thing that there are some people who cares for other people's health, but there are also times when you just need to shut up and let live.

I am a smoker too but I am already at legal age to do vices and i also know my limitations when it comes to my health and i am pretty sure all smokers do.

So I would say that you should just keep your opinions to yourself and just preach by setting good example like... not smoking.

Aghh.... need a light. Anyone? ๐Ÿ™‚
EasterBunny

Sep 24, 2008, 10:52 AM
oops ๐Ÿ˜ฒ replied to the wrong one...

sorry...
EasterBunny

Sep 24, 2008, 10:53 AM
It's a good thing that there are some people who cares for other people's health, but there are also times when you just need to shut up and let live.

I am a smoker too but I am already at legal age to do vices and i also know my limitations when it comes to my health and i am pretty sure all smokers do.

So I would say that you should just keep your opinions to yourself and just preach by setting good example like... not smoking.

Aghh.... need a light. Anyone? ๐Ÿ™‚
Chargeman

Sep 25, 2008, 10:50 PM
๐Ÿคฃ That's the funniest thing I've heard/read today. I'm surprised that you had the nuts to post your actions to this forum! ๐Ÿคฃ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.