Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

For real.

vocalist

Aug 28, 2008, 10:46 AM
I am a Sales Rep. Not a Cust Service Rep.

Old lady walks up. Asks me to change her price plan. I tell her I don't have the capability. She says, "You can't? Well, [my manager] says you can." So I tell her maybe he can, but I don't know how. Just call customer service. Then she says, well I need to cancel a line too. She says the account is my husband's but my name is on it. I said, well your husband is gonig to need to call for the cancellation and they'll probably want to talk to him for the price plan change too. She says how do I get my name on the account to do that. I tell her to open her own, that authorized users can only do so much. So then she asks if she can go over to the Verizon store to do it. I say yes, if you bring your hus...
(continues)
devilsmafia

Aug 28, 2008, 11:30 AM
I assume you work for an VZW indirect? So do I. And yes we have the capability to do price plan changes in eRoes. Why can't you?
cellfiend

Aug 28, 2008, 11:33 AM
vocalist said:
Old lady walks up. Asks me to change her price plan. I tell her I don't have the capability. She says, "You can't? Well, [my manager] says you can." So I tell her maybe he can, but I don't know how.

It's in your system if you don't know how call customer service it's 5 minutes max out of your busy day sitting on phonescoop.

long rant about being lazy that goes on forever

You should learn how to do things for customers if it only takes a couple minutes because it keeps them coming back which means sales either from them or people they refer to you. You're not that important.
j-villa

Aug 28, 2008, 11:41 AM
🤣
Tmo Slave

Aug 28, 2008, 10:08 PM
I agree there is no reason a rep can't change the price plan for the customer. But he did say that the customer wasn't the primary name on the account. I know with us authorized users cannot start or cancel service. So her husband would have to call in then.
devilsmafia

Aug 28, 2008, 11:58 AM
Part of being a sales rep is customer service. If you don't offer the customers quality customer service, they sure as hell won't be repeat customers for you. That is not a smart move for a sales rep.

There are alot of things you could have done for that lady. She's an authorized user, so she does have access to the account as long as she know's the last 4 of the social and the account password. If she wanted to do a price plan change you could have done it for her. You should have had her call her husband and verify with you that the price plan change would be ok for her to do. And you could have also canceled the line for her to by calling COOS (with her husbands permission of course)

don't assume because the person is just an author...
(continues)
kapwww

Aug 28, 2008, 9:04 PM
The only thing that stinks is that VZW considers priceplan changes as part of your total numbers for the month in some parts of the country. If you change someone down, even if they were never your customer, your monthly numbers take a hit.

I still do it, but I catch hell from my manager and DM sometimes when our total numbers don't look as nice because of PPC. I think VZW needs to not care anymore since there are no contract extensions for PPC. If anything, throw us an extra few bucks for bumping someone up a few tiers.
UOQuack

Aug 29, 2008, 10:17 AM
At my store, we want to own our customers. In other words, when they think of wireless, we want them to think of us first. That's for sales or service issues. Why service? Because when we provide them with superior customer service, they will tell their friends and family about us. Word of mouth is powerful advertising. The simple truth of being a sales rep is that the best sales people in the world understand that superior customer service is an integral part of sales.
doodalooiseeyouhaters

Sep 27, 2008, 12:25 PM
Adding enhancements thats all
Ghosthendrikson

Sep 27, 2008, 1:06 PM
So you have done nothing but prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that your:

1) Lazy. You don't have time to do a price plan change, but you got enough time to come on here and post about it.

2) Your the kind of rep that causes headaches for the rest of us. Your more concerned about getting the custy out the door so you can bag the next sale, that custy in turns comes to us to get their questions and answered and then spend the next twenty minutes telling us how much of a douche bag you are.
Nadesico81

Sep 29, 2008, 5:57 AM
Keep in mind if you offer good customer service to some one for a sale that does not give you squat. They will come back to you more times then not since you were good to them.

Dont sell a customer short just becouse your in a hurry to sell a new activation to the next customer.

Some of my best customers are people who did not pass credit of were of questionable nature to the wireless providor.

People are more likly to come to you to pay the deposit or bring there friend. Since you took the time to help them when every other wireless sales rep would not since they looked like white trash.

Helping a customer with something simple today= A sale in the end.
taoareyou

Sep 29, 2008, 7:43 AM
vocalist said:
She says how do I get my name on the account to do that. I tell her to open her own

This is a perfect example of a shady salesperson. She came in to change a rate plan and the salesperson tries to steer her into a new activation.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.