Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Burned out

tmob08

Aug 27, 2008, 5:32 PM
I love all the posts in the shop talk. its the one place we, as reps from different companies, can all get along. I do enjoy all the post because it allows me to remember im not the only one to put up with all the customer bull**** but today as i am reading i realize more and more that i hate customers, i think im burned out from the wireless industry. it was kind of a sad realization for me today. Does anyone else feel the same.
Ellie004

Aug 27, 2008, 5:32 PM
every single day

but the pay is pretty good for me being a student and all...so I stick around
j.rankin

Aug 27, 2008, 8:32 PM
im just waiting for the day to put my two weeks in... ive worked in wireless for over 3 years... it never gets better!
coldouthereND

Aug 28, 2008, 8:13 AM
I thought things would get better moving from warranty to insurance...but no...customers still suck
phxmike

Aug 28, 2008, 4:02 PM
i have dont this since 01 how do U think I feel. 😳
talia

Aug 28, 2008, 8:56 AM
Hey, I feel the same way. Shoptalk i'm back. I love you guys. I have been in this industry for three years. I have work for att and now working for sprint. I come to the point were I can't sympathize with customers anymore because I have heard so many excuses for why they are unable to pay their bills and the crazy demands for free stuff. I personally have gone through a lot myself but had to deal with it. The wireless industry has a lot of adults with cellphones who whine more than my 10 mth daughter. Just my thoughts.
kapwww

Aug 28, 2008, 8:26 PM
People complain about anything because they think they will get their way if they complain enough.

We had a guy a few months back who just wanted to return a Voyager that looked like it had been thrown in a pile of rocks. He had it for about 27 days. I told him no return or refund based on the condition. He just wanted his money back and nothing else.

It still worked OK but didn't look great. The manager refused to return and refund but offered to exchange to a different model OR allow the guy to cancel the contract and pay the price difference between 2-year and a heavily discounted retail (like...$5 over cost or something crazy like that).

Basically, the manager wanted the phone and didn't care about the condition but kn...
(continues)
cellfiend

Aug 28, 2008, 11:40 AM
The Wireless Industry is awesome. I want to open my own indirect and not work for The Man.
devilsmafia

Aug 28, 2008, 11:49 AM
You know how much money there is to be made if you owned your own idirect? That would be sweet. Just wish i had the money to get something like that started.
OfAMightDivine

Aug 28, 2008, 11:50 AM
I would also like to own my own Indirect place some day.
devilsmafia

Aug 28, 2008, 12:24 PM
Lets go into business together. We'll call it "PhoneScoopers United Wireless"
tmob08

Aug 28, 2008, 2:30 PM
i have thought about that too. i just dont know if i can put up with the people anymore lol
ElTriste

Aug 28, 2008, 3:38 PM
The indirect in theory is a good idea...but think about it...we have 2 ATT indirects right next door to eachother...I had a sprint kiosk in a mall with a corporate store on the other side of the mall. The guy I worked for went under SO HARD, he still owes sprint like 400k. 😳
dustin.gery

Aug 28, 2008, 6:57 PM
80% of Indirect dealers fail within the first year of business, its a tuff deal, since the cellular industry is so swamped as it is...
cellfiend

Aug 28, 2008, 7:03 PM
Whats your source for this claim?
Tmo Slave

Aug 28, 2008, 7:21 PM
I'm not sure the % but indirects don't stay around to long. I think most people don't want to deal with them anymore because they have such a bad reputation of being shady. We had an indirect tmo cart in the mall and it only lasted about 8 months, but they were doing so really shady crap.

Opening an indirect is really risky but if you succeed it can very profitable. Unfortunately the market is so saturated that it would take a lot of work and some luck to keep it going.
mamasu2

Aug 29, 2008, 5:27 AM
OK folks, let us vent.
I was in customer care for almost 8 yrs, in Illinois and Orange County, Ca.
The stores just want to make a buck, can't say that I blame them though. The thing is, if I treated the customers on the phone like you in the store treat them, I would have been fired !
I can't tell you how many times I had to FIX, the problems a store screwed up because they were in such a hurry.
Go by a T-Mobil, Att or What ever the h**l is still out there and you will see very few customers. Verizon Wireless is always busy. There are two reasons for that. Number one, they want to sign up for new service, don't know how to use a computer. The other reason is they are there complaining. They think that the store can help them with the b...
(continues)
DarkStar

Aug 28, 2008, 3:34 PM
Oh no its not just wireless customers. its all customers. I work at RadioShack and I get battery customers who are retarded. They come in without the battery thinking they can pick it out just by seeing it. Or they break stuff and then try and return it saying it was already that way. yeah whatever. I hate customers.
tmob08

Aug 28, 2008, 3:55 PM
Yeah i guess thats true. i used to work at EB games. People would get mad at me for the trade credit that was offered for a game, acting as if it was my fault and that i set the trade prices, well guess what i dont, and if you dont like the trade prices, dont trade in your game. its not like we are forcing you to do it. (like Madden 2002 is going to trade in for 30 dollars 6 years later) i hate people.
fivedollarsimcard

Aug 28, 2008, 7:23 PM
I used to work at radioshack a few years ago, when you could still make a little bit of money there. Have you ever had a customer throw a battery at you? Not in anger but just because they thought it was funny to walk in and throw their battery at the sales associate? Yea... I threw the f&^king thing right back at him and told we didnt have it. He said "it a radioshack phone battery and even told me the sku#" but i still told him we didnt have it and he could find it somewhere else... d|ckhead.
kapwww

Aug 28, 2008, 8:08 PM
I've felt this way for the last 4 months, but it still beats the other jobs I had in between. Ever tried to sell cars? It's horrible. Un-named major electronics chains? Couldn't earn enough to put up with the BS.

Perhaps we just need to quit selling things and just work in offices processing numbers. It would be boring but we wouldn't be dealing with management AND customers yelling at us all day. It would just be management yelling all day.
astone

Aug 29, 2008, 2:59 PM
I feel the same way.. been selling for over 3 yrs and I am just over the wireless industry... But the pay is so good lol.
coolestguyinsa

Aug 29, 2008, 3:50 PM
One Word = Vacation!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.