Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

gsm to cdma

Bozothecellguy

Aug 10, 2008, 1:09 PM
i work for a company that distributes cdma phones and service. we also flash cdma phones from our competitors onto our service. i have recently heard that there are ways to flash cdma service onto gsm phones. i will be looking more into this as i have the address of the company in my area that is reported to do this, my question is, are there any dealers/ retailers that have any info they could give me on this?
Bozothecellguy

Aug 10, 2008, 1:10 PM
fixed 😁
Tmo Slave

Aug 10, 2008, 1:13 PM
You were able to flash cdma on to a gsm phone? I thought it was impossible to do since its different hardware.
Bozothecellguy

Aug 10, 2008, 1:22 PM
I haven't, but i heard that it is possible. I am looking into this, there is a company in my area that can do it according to rumors. will post more as i learn
kapwww

Aug 10, 2008, 7:23 PM
That would be a big fat NO. The hardware is different. The type of communication is different. People have been claiming to do it forever but I have yet to see it.

If it were the case to be possible, I would have surely seen at least one person bring an iPhone in on a VZW account complaining about services not working correctly.

Don't get your hopes up. Do submit solid evidence if you find any! :-)
ac4321

Aug 10, 2008, 9:59 PM
Sure. You take out the CDMA components and completely rebuild the phone with GSM components.

It's not like taking a Windows computer and installing Linux... It's more like taking a Playstation and trying to make it play Xbox games. It can't be done without physically modifying the hardware to the point that it's cheaper just to buy both.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.