Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Cingular family plans to 5 people?

PhoneTwit

Feb 5, 2005, 7:13 PM
Somewhere in the back of my poor, befuddled brain I remember Cingular saying they had plans to increase the number of people on a family plan from 4 to 5. Has anyone else heard of this or am I on drugs again?
😉
bradleyt78

Feb 5, 2005, 9:29 PM
starting february 11th, five lines can share a bucket of minutes. woo hoo!
peach85298

Feb 8, 2005, 7:41 PM
The new plans start on Feb 14 and you will be able to have 5 lines on one family talk plan.
BlueGuy

Feb 8, 2005, 7:59 PM
peach85298 said:
The new plans start on Feb 14 and you will be able to have 5 lines on one family talk plan.

but make sure to remember, you have to migrate off of your old family talk plan, you can't simply add lines to your old one, they have to all be the same,so you must change your existing lines to the newer plan same as the newest lines you add.
PhoneTwit

Feb 8, 2005, 8:06 PM
Thank you all so much for your help. There are days when this site really makes my life go easier.
Grantizzle

Feb 8, 2005, 8:14 PM
BlueGuy said:but make sure to remember, you have to migrate off of your old family talk plan, you can't simply add lines to your old one, they have to all be the same,so you must change your existing lines to the newer plan same as the newest lines you add.

be cautious, it could re-commit your contract.
BlueGuy

Feb 8, 2005, 8:17 PM
Grantizzle said:
BlueGuy said:but make sure to remember, you have to migrate off of your old family talk plan, you can't simply add lines to your old one, they have to all be the same,so you must change your existing lines to the newer plan same as the newest lines you add.

be cautious, it could re-commit your contract.

Well thats only fair, i mean you want the new benefits, even if its a new benefits of 5 lines, so yeah, thats fair otherwise you can have 2 seperate family plans.but if want new benefit, new contract renewal.
Grantizzle

Feb 8, 2005, 8:22 PM
i wasn't bitching about it, i was just letting people know that it would re-commint the contract.
BlueGuy

Feb 8, 2005, 8:28 PM
Grantizzle said:
i wasn't bitching about it, i was just letting people know that it would re-commint the contract.

oh no, neither was i, i was just putting that there for people that do, giving the reason why
Grantizzle

Feb 8, 2005, 8:30 PM
yeah, damn cellular companies. 👿
coldsteel

Feb 8, 2005, 8:30 PM
Um, actually, if you have an old FT plan, you CAN add a 5th line to it. You do NOT have to change to a new rate plan.
BlueGuy

Feb 8, 2005, 8:55 PM
Not with the new plan lists info they gave us last night, since they have to have the same version, not old plan with new add on, as that will cause billing errors, so they have to same new version to get the benefits
coldsteel

Feb 8, 2005, 8:59 PM
Not according to the info we got today from Corporate... But I'll let them know what others are being told and make sure what info is correct.
BlueGuy

Feb 8, 2005, 9:01 PM
coldsteel said:
Not according to the info we got today from Corporate... But I'll let them know what others are being told and make sure what info is correct.

Thats where our stuff came from too, corp. apparently, the mixing of old and new lines caused a billing error, which makes snese,since we ran into that too, when we changed up the shared plans, benefits ,and others, they(TSD) had to go in and change the lines maually to bbe in sync, and prevent future billing errors
phoneshark

Feb 10, 2005, 2:16 PM
Why is nobody mentioning the fact that the additional lines will be $19.99. Rate plan hike baby!
PhoneTwit

Feb 12, 2005, 12:00 AM
I didn't mention it because I didn't know until I came into tonight. Lots of really angry calls tonight!
coldsteel

Feb 12, 2005, 1:40 PM
Only on the newer plans $59.99 and lower. People with the (now) grandfathered NTN850 can add that 5th line for $9.99 still.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.