Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

co-worker issue...

getsome

Jul 26, 2008, 11:07 AM
We work in sales. I know we are in competition with each other to produce the greatest amount of sales for our sake/money sake. Well i have this co-worker who dodges problem customers and cherry picks customers to help. When the store is busy he'll scan the line and avoid problematic looking customers to help the one that seems interested in activating. This is totally unfair and has been brought up to a supervisor. Seeming since he implements this tactic his numbers are good so he obviously won't get fired....i have no clue what to do.
BLEDSOE

Jul 26, 2008, 11:12 AM
Here the manager is the one who is supposed to pick the customers who are having problems or are a qiuck question...That should leave all the other customers for you guys to split. So in a busy store you both would have all the upgrades and activations...while the manager handles all the gripes, ins claims and crybabies.... 🤣
ElTriste

Jul 26, 2008, 6:47 PM
Yeeep. Sales is competitive. I was like that when I started at the shack, and did the same thing. Only answer...if you can't beat him, join him. Steal his customer base, and get some acts for yourself. Theres really no money in comebacks or irate customers, unless you're saving a sale for yourself. It sucks, but honestly...that's the way it is. I know the jealousy of watching someone open a 4 line family plan while you're explaining why someone's bills so high from going over when they activated with the lowest minute plan possible.
ajstrong

Jul 26, 2008, 11:14 AM
the same thing, beat him at his own game? if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. not the most ethical thing to do, but when/if he whines about it, turn it back to him and tell him that's what he's been doing to the rest of ya.
softshoe

Jul 26, 2008, 8:37 PM
Slash his tires before work, continuously until he is fired

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.