Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

"you have iphone?"

liquidfire

Jul 16, 2008, 7:45 PM
NO! i'm VERIZON. say it with me now VER-I-ZON

i had like 10 people today ask for the iphone, all of them were foreign and had strong accents.

i'm not racist or anything, but why are all these foreign people coming to verizon, asking for the iphone and getting pissed when i tell them we dont have it????

get a clue buddy. chances are you dont want it to activate on att so you should be smart enough to know they are the only ones who have it.
Kamui

Jul 16, 2008, 8:03 PM
Maybe they figured you had a magic portal that let you pull them from an alternate dimension? 👀
Johanisu19

Jul 16, 2008, 8:07 PM
you have to explain the why's and they usually understand they are just not used to companies only selling certain brands
burntbridges

Jul 17, 2008, 8:31 AM
i guess they think if they say it enough.. it will make it happen.
nope, sorry! not gonna happen buddy!

i'd love to just put up a sign that says: "NO IPHONE! go away! no.. we will not troubleshoot your iphone.. because we are not att!!"
thiscurveismine

Jul 17, 2008, 6:56 PM
had a customer come in today and wanted met o troubleshoot his iPhone. this did not go well. i am indirect for at&t, therefore we get no training on the iPhone unless we buy it or have a friend in COR. Dude gets all pi$$y with me that I know nothing and can do nothing to his iPhone 3G and if I am ever tired of hearing "but the signs say you are at&t, why cant you fix this?" well, maybe because right under at&t it says AUTHORIZED RETAILER!!! I will be glad when this whole "ooooh something shiny" business is over and a real phone gets released!!!!
ElTriste

Jul 17, 2008, 9:51 PM
My favorite is when I ask what carrier they have, and they tell me, nokia, or samsung. They really are convinced that every month they pay nokia the 60+ dollars a month...lol
burntbridges

Jul 17, 2008, 11:33 PM
hahaha, NICE! i worked for an at&t indirect when the first iphone came out.. and that was a frickin' headache.. kinda glad i'm with a verizon indirect this time around.. 🙂
liquidfire

Jul 18, 2008, 9:19 AM
i had a lady the other day that refused to upgrade because i wasnt selling her a "verizon" phone. she saw the samsung logo and swore up and down that i was trying to cheat her 🙄

so i showed her the verizon logo on the other side, and she calmed down and bought it.
ElTriste

Jul 17, 2008, 9:48 PM
The blueberry thing is one of my favorites. IT'S A BLACK BERRY!!! My other favorite (working at radioshack) is "Do you guys have those convertable tv boxes?" Good times...good times
kapwww

Jul 17, 2008, 11:33 PM
During my stint at the Shack, I also enjoyed people coming in asking for digital converter boxes thinking it would turn their basic Time Warner Cable into digital cable with the on-screen program guide and everything
liquidfire

Jul 18, 2008, 9:20 AM
i had two people wednesday that asked for camcorder accessories 🙄

(i work for vzw)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.