Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

has anyone ever...

nothing4free

Jul 12, 2008, 11:36 AM
had a customer lie to your boss about something you did and then you got in trouble for it?

happened today...no lie...my boss called me before i even left my house laying into me because i told the lady that i didn't know how to fix her phone and i didn't know when the manager would be in...truth was she didn't know the passcode for her account and told me she couldn't stop in to see him on the day i told her he would be here (i looked at the schedule) and because my boss is the type of person who has it in his head that everything is my fault regardless of what it is, i couldn't get my side of the story out and now i look like a terrible sales person not to mention a terrible person...i hate customers...

and to top it off i've been ge...
(continues)
UOQuack

Jul 12, 2008, 12:04 PM
Your boss is a worthless turd. Unless you've given him reason to not trust your word, he should have asked you what happened before reaming you a new one. I'd bring it up with him in a day or two, try to get your side out and ask--tactfully and respectfully--that should any complaints arise in the future you be allowed to present your side of the story before he assumes the worst about you. If he doesnt take that conversation in a professional and adult manner, you have two options: either take the issue to his boss, or find a new job. I guess there's a third option too, you could just roll over and take the abuse, but that's no fun for you.
nothing4free

Jul 12, 2008, 12:20 PM
sad thing is i've talked to him about the way he's been treating me...things get better for a day or two then it slowly goes to hell again...of course i also have my fourth option...deal with it til i get married in october then get out while i still can lol
vertigo1

Jul 12, 2008, 12:47 PM
"had a customer lie to your boss about something you did and then you got in trouble for it?"

About the lie part....all the time. That or their a complete jerk to me and nice as can be to the supervisor. As far as getting in trouble, never. It sounds like your boss hasn't taken the time to observe and learn what his people really would or wouldn't do.
nothing4free

Jul 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
funny you should mention that because in his crazy rant to me about how horribly i handled the customer he pointed out that he knew her and knew she was difficult to deal with and he said he knows that i normally handle problems and complaints to the fullest extent and he has had customers tell him how helpful and knowledgable i am about everything...so my question is why then does he find it ok to call me before i'm officially at work and bless me out for something he's not entirely sure about...blah...like i said i'm done with this stuff in november...
cellfiend

Jul 12, 2008, 5:24 PM
If she doesn't know the passcode you need her social. If she doesn't know that then you did nothing wrong.
The New ATnT Wireless

Jul 12, 2008, 5:39 PM
If your boss still blamed you I'd said, f u and hung up on them. It's not like they're paying you enough to be a loyal employee anyways.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.