Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Customer killed a gzone

dualitycomplex

Jun 30, 2008, 7:14 PM
so yea customer was in my store fooling around with the phone i was about to sell him and he locked the phone i tried what i thought would be the manufacturs's default lock codes but none of them worked, if any one has the manufacturers lock code for a gzone type s c211 and doesnt mind posting it that would be amazing thanks much ( oh and calling audiovox is about as useful as a jogging suit in a nudist colony. )
d3ity

Jul 1, 2008, 9:03 AM
This is an easy one. Activate the phone.

you can still dial *228 from a locked handset... *228 resets the lock code to the default...(last 4 of the phone number you activate it on)
The Hammer

Jul 1, 2008, 10:35 AM
you can dial *228 on Most locked handsets, the samsung glyde on the other hand, you cannot. just a fun bit of trivia for ya.
dualitycomplex

Jul 2, 2008, 6:49 PM
i got the lock code thing fixed and FYI if this ever happens to anyone else out there and the phone gets set to manufacturer lock code, on some handsets you can put a phone number in it and do a *228 to reset the lock code, but on some like the gzone for example its locked and cannot make any calls except to 911, the only way to get it fixed is to convert the hex esn to dec from what the UTstarcom rep told me over the phone. its a quick fix that the manufacturer tech support can perform. thanks ya guys for the words of wisdom and advice i'll try it out if god forbid this ever happens again.
d3ity

Jul 3, 2008, 9:03 AM
So the last 4 of the ESN DEC is the default lock code? hrm.

Thats easy enough to do if you know hex.
golem22

Jul 4, 2008, 12:32 PM
interesting, but the important question is did the customer buy anything even though he caused all that trouble????

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.