Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

well im going sonewhere else......!!!!

liquidfire

Jun 24, 2008, 4:41 PM
who hasnt heard this one before....

I just had an older lady come in. here's what went down (dont we all just love these posts 🙂 )

c: last time i came in here the guy said i could get an upgrade

m: (thinking it was a few days, maybe weeks ago. she pulls out a card from a guy who hasnt been here in 6 months) "ok no problem. what is your phone number?"

c: my home?

m: 🙄 no ma'am your cell number

c: xxx-xxxx

m: ok well, it shows here that you arent ready for upgrade til the 27th

c: but he said the 21st and he wrote it on this card.

m: i'm sorry, but it shows the 27th. i can't process an upgrade until then (and i cant change upgrade dates, im a retailer)

c: theres always someone that has to jerk you around huh...
(continues)
Butthead007

Jun 24, 2008, 7:14 PM
Its frustrating but do not forget these adult 5 year olds pay our salary.

I definitely empathize with you, but maybe making that call to support may not have been a bad idea.
Sonniku

Jun 24, 2008, 7:22 PM
I really dislike it when ppl say that. No, those whiney ppl do NOT pay my salary, my employer pays my salary. The day a customer is the one paying my salary is the day that I quit, because i'll probably end up having to pay them with as cheap as most of them end up being... 😡
cellfiend

Jun 24, 2008, 7:24 PM
Uhh..comission..you get some right?
attwork

Jun 24, 2008, 7:25 PM
No customers = No jobs

Simple as that...So yes, customers do pay your salary. Sure, if one customer leaves it wont make a difference, but my point still stands.
ElTriste

Jun 24, 2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah...I must agree. Unless the biotch is psychotically irate (in which case I work at a mall with a police HQ inside, and get to laugh at them as they get dragged out in handcuffs) i'll do whatever I can for that wireless sale.
lscarb85

Jul 6, 2008, 3:25 PM
somtimes the amt of $$ you get paid is not worrth the irritation and aggravation of some a$$hole, jsut depending on what they want to do and what they;r'e asking for
dualitycomplex

Jun 24, 2008, 8:55 PM
commission is key and customer service leads to bigger commission checks,

look similar situation i'm in retail i have a customer come in my store really angery that her razr is broken, well i go through all the trouble shooting i can, and cant fix the problem so i call in warrenty to have it replaced they refuse the warrenty saying that a software flash will fix the problem, now that is the one thing i cannot do at my location so i send her to the closest location to have her phone flashed, its about 2 blocks away,
she comes back in pissed off again think about a 5 year old who was just told they were adopted pissed. and ends up upgrading her secondary line to a razr the same phone she already owns and doing an esn switch back to her p...
(continues)
attwork

Jun 24, 2008, 9:14 PM
dualitycomplex said:
You cant always say oh that customer was a b!ch because of the way they came off to begin with, I think of each person who walks through my door as an ATM card i need to find the pin number to, who happens to speak english and has the mental ablities of a mustard seed.

🤣

Thats such a good way of putting it.
Tmo Slave

Jun 24, 2008, 10:03 PM
True customer service leads to bigger comissions but I draw the line when people talk down to me or bitch at me. I'm just a rep and can only do so much. If some one is nice and treats me with respect I will go to bat for them. If someone comes in already pissed looking to take it out on me then F them they can get the hell out of my store.
Sonniku

Jun 25, 2008, 9:01 AM
my thoughts exactly... 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.