Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

are you for real?!?!?!?!?!?

nothing4free

May 17, 2008, 4:28 PM
so there are a few things that i have encountered in the past 7 months of working for an at&t authorized retailer that have made me think ARE YOU FOR REAL?!?!?!

1. This happened today actually...about an hour ago.

*ring ring*
m-thank you for calling such and such, your premier at&t store, this is J*****. How can i help you?

c-uh yes my name is such and such and i have been a customer of yours for 5 or 6 years. i just got off the phone with a guy who said i could come to your store and get a free phone...

m-a guy told you that you could get a free phone with us? who did you call? was it a corporate store or another one of our stores?

c-uh no...it was customer service. my phone is broken and they said i could come here or go to...
(continues)
Sonniku

May 17, 2008, 4:37 PM
you have my deepest sympathies....lol ☹️
vindawg

May 17, 2008, 4:47 PM
Story of my life right there...
bigmike99s

May 17, 2008, 5:06 PM
Honestly that is my favorite. It makes me smile when people say,
c:Oh no its NEVER been in or around water. m:Well then why is the screen half full of water.
c:Oh because i dropped it in the washer but its never been in water.
M:Gun/Head
liquidfire

May 19, 2008, 9:21 AM
please correct that

m:gun to C's head

why shoot yourself when they are the moron??
inked n poked.

May 17, 2008, 6:14 PM
nothing4free said:

we found out later that he called customer service to add insurance on his phone and blamed it on the sales associate who rang him up. the other sales associate and i called customer service to inform them the phone was already broken...she responded with "that's ok. he has to wait 2 months before he can make a claim anyway" ha ha jokes on him ^.^

i hope you all enjoyed reading this O____O

lol, alot of customers AND store reps dont know this, adn try to pull a fast one.

HILARIOUS.
ihateeverything

May 17, 2008, 6:18 PM
Awesome. Awesome to the max.
Ritzbitts

May 19, 2008, 10:56 AM
Reminds me of a customer I had when I was selling computers for Fry's.

This guy in his mid 30's comes in. He has blonde tipped hair, a fake tan, nice clothes, yadda yadda. I approach him and begin to help him make his selection, and he's got this really condescending attitude toward me.

After painstakingly helping this guy select some merchandise, amid a fog of attitude, I give him my standard warranty pitch. He gets angry with me and tells him he doesn't want anything but the item itself, no cables, nothing. Very politely I deliver a rebuttal, telling him that's fine but in case of XYZ his warranty would do ABC. He gets extremely angry and starts calling me names, so I let it go and try to hurry things along.

After getting everythi...
(continues)
Kuja

May 19, 2008, 7:06 PM
So YOUR the ***** that kept asking me about a warranty at Fry's!
I Sell Phones

May 19, 2008, 11:20 AM
The two rather wierder things I've heard.,"I was on my phone with my husband, while mixing cake batter. When one of my kids bumped into me and my phone fell in the cake batter."
VZWrara

May 19, 2008, 11:34 AM
ahh... the joys of a retail job.

and god bless those peopel out there who spend at least two hours a day explaining the difference between new customer price/upgrade price and full retail.
jow16

May 19, 2008, 1:19 PM
"But I am upgrading to a better phone...why would I have to pay retail?"
VZWrara

May 19, 2008, 2:36 PM
or the i just opened my line 2 months ago. can i just sign for another two years?
Deadeye-Jim

May 19, 2008, 6:37 PM
my best call ever;

me: thank you for calling business care, my name is **************, may i get your wireless # please?

old lady screaming: TURN ON MY AIRCARD!!!!!

me: yes, thank you. i'll be happy to assist you with that, may i get your wireless # please?

cust inhales deeply and screams: MY...!!! AIRCARD!!!!

me: yes ma'am, i will be more than happy to assist you with that. may i please get your wireless #?

cust: YOU ARE SO INCOMPETENT!!! *click*

-she had apparently been calling for months, always screaming and insulting the reps and refusing to attempt any troubleshooting on her end. TSD determined it was likely a 5 minute fix, if only she would cooperate.

not the last time we heard from her either. last time she ca...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.