Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Pay Raises?!?!

DenSprintMan

Apr 29, 2008, 6:10 PM
Well, I won't be getting one this year. A couple of days ago, I just completed my first year here at the yellow pin place and didn't have a single raise throughout my first year or even at my year anniversary. This is the first job that I have EVER had that I have not had a raise. Wow, I cannot believe this, I wonder if I should start looking for another one???

It's nice that the company is getting better at CSAT and customer service, but you are shafting your employees in the mean time. How long before your employees start jumping ship because others in the industry are giving more than you are??
bmore

Apr 29, 2008, 7:35 PM
i feel you what you think about the commission structure?
DenSprintMan

Apr 29, 2008, 7:41 PM
I honestly don't know about the new commissions structure - I haven't heard anything about it - And I don't like to really comment on speculation - We'll see!
M15TER P1NK

Apr 30, 2008, 9:59 AM
this is the history channel... not the news... we found out back in december/january that no one gets raises...

its fine ill take my licks now... my DM already approved my manager to give double raises next year when raises kick back in... and if they dont kick back in... im out... sorry sprint... dispite being kicked in the ass by you daily i love you... but i cant live like this forever...

im kinda like a redneck wife... i keep getting abused... but still i stay... i guess sprint just hits me because it loves me...
ninjanewton

May 3, 2008, 1:41 PM
M15TER P1NK said:
im kinda like a redneck wife... i keep getting abused... but still i stay... i guess sprint just hits me because it loves me...

Is it bad that I feel the exact same way? I'm sure that after a little more abuse and infidelity Sprint will come back to us...
fb3media

May 3, 2008, 1:46 PM
please stop beating me sprint...everytime you draw your fist back at me i feel a little pee come out...why cant you just love us like we love you...i want a devorce....as long as it doesnt involve a gun to my head...thanks..
ninjanewton

May 3, 2008, 1:54 PM
Fine, you can leave, but we're not giving you your virginity back.
MizzSprint

May 3, 2008, 4:30 PM
Lol that's pretty clever I feel the same way.

I hear u
Butthead007

May 3, 2008, 6:08 PM
Wait....wait.....

We get paid for talking to customers?

WTF!>!?!??!?!?

i gotta talk to someone fast!

(sorry about not getting a raise)
Ghosthendrikson

May 3, 2008, 6:42 PM
Union Rule: mandatory raise after first six months, again at your 12 month mark, and then yearly raises after that. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

That ladies and gents is the only reason I like being part of our union. Other then that, they can go blow freaky hyper-evolved ape men.
llama

May 3, 2008, 6:43 PM
and how much a month do you pay for that privilege?
Ghosthendrikson

May 3, 2008, 6:47 PM
Surprisingly little, it works out to basically costing me four hours worth of pay a month. Not bad compared to what I have heard some unions cost you.
llama

May 3, 2008, 6:48 PM
so, maybe $50 a month x 12 months = $600 a year to get a $500 raise? thats great economics.
Butthead007

May 3, 2008, 6:54 PM
I work for big red and I gotta admit, I do not want a union.

I was joking about the pay. I get paid well. Its my ex wife who is the issue...sigh.

Big red takes good care of us--at least where I work. I am not interested in a Union or anything else.
Ghosthendrikson

May 3, 2008, 7:33 PM
Your right that it costs about 50 a month (right under actually at $49.00) But the raise is actually almost a thousand dollars ($960). That is only considering a once yearly raise, you actually get two raises your first year, so depending on how generous they are with the raises, you stand to make an even larger raise.

Plus I have unlimited undergraduate school paid for through the union, so that lone pays for my dues.

Trust me, it isn't a perfect situation but for as little foot print as the union has on both my professional and personal life, it is worth it to me.
lscarb85

May 15, 2008, 6:08 PM
do u work for ATT?
Ghosthendrikson

May 15, 2008, 7:04 PM
I work for Qwest. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
bmore

May 17, 2008, 11:43 AM
Sprint needs one like a mofo. I will gladly pay to make sure I get my money every month. I want my dollar my quarter my dime my nickel my penny. The people that Sprint has in place to do that cant or wont cus its always screwed up. And yes I do mean ALWAYS which is 100% of the time. Ghost if poss enlighten me on how Quest started theirs if you know. Or just whatever you know I would appreciate it brother thank you
Ghosthendrikson

May 23, 2008, 7:08 PM
Do a google search for CWA Communication Workers of America, find the national site. Will probably have more information for you.
golem22

May 16, 2008, 9:40 PM
its because some companies think they have a god given right to abuse there employees that unions were invented, who would have thunk it?
d3ity

May 23, 2008, 5:15 PM
Raise? what's that? Verizon keeps cutting indirect comissions and my boss keeps on "passing the savings on to us"
MizzSprint

May 24, 2008, 4:01 PM
Sprint hasn't given out raises in two years. When they finally give them out again I hope they do double raises. I don't see how these companies are expecting you to put your all in the work when they don't wanna meet their end of the deal. Soon they're gonna have to use robots.
d3ity

May 24, 2008, 4:41 PM
At least I don't work for walmart... Thats all I gotta say.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.