Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Do's and Don't's of Getting Courtesy Credit from Customer Service

oguruma

Apr 27, 2008, 2:34 PM
Alright, so I have composed of list of things to do, and things to avoid doing when trying to get credit from Customer Care. Feel free to submit any other suggestions you might have.

Do's
----------------------------------------
DO admit that you may have made a mistake that caused a charge.

DO offer to change your plan accordingly to prevent it from happening in the future.

DO be kind to the agent you are speaking with. Afterall, they have the final say as to whether or not you get the credit you want.

DO be thankful for the service you do get and glad you are with the company you are with.

DO speak in a calm tone

DO use proper grammar and English to the best of your ability

DO act like you care about something oth...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Apr 27, 2008, 2:42 PM
This should be force-read and signed by all customers of anything. People need to learn how to behave like fricken adults for a change.
brandtz

Apr 27, 2008, 5:19 PM
Absolutely the truth. I can honestly say I have and will continue to adjust honest and nice people's accounts and absolutely stonewall anyone that is just being a flat out jerk.
ninjanewton

Apr 28, 2008, 9:47 AM
Haha, that is great. You forgot to include the part where the agent puts the rude woman on hold for five minutes before finally transferring.

When they threaten to sue, I also like to remind them that they signed away that right in their contract. And then when they say they will cancel their contract and then sue, I'm sorry, but you are no longer affiliated with us and cannot sue.

Have a nice day. 🙂
sammish

Apr 28, 2008, 4:35 PM
good pointers. on the bright side, it can sometimes be entertaining to transfer these customers to a colleague who claims to be your sup (that's all that team leads are anyway, "supervisors" when a customer needs one with a little more bargaining power) and try to be entertained at their ridiculous arguments. I was working in an escalations queue for a while and we used to bounce phone calls around during the closing shifts when the actual "sups" had left.
player1

Apr 28, 2008, 4:55 PM
Cust: 555-555-5555 *frustrated*

Agent: Thanks, and who am I speaking with?

Cust: LatishaShaniquaFanisha Jackson

Agent: Thank you ma'am. May I have your PIN please to access your account?

Cust: I don't know (angrily). I never gave ya'll no damn PIN!

Agent: Hmmm well we are showing one on the account. How about your first employer?

Cust: It's McDonalds(shocker)

Are you a bit of a racist?

Just kidding you should really try dealing with these people face to face its even more annoying.
traegon

Apr 28, 2008, 6:33 PM
Here here, all customers should read this. You should post this in the general forum where the custies read. 😎
BigShowJB

Apr 28, 2008, 6:41 PM
that's better than Tourette's online w/ VW series!!! 😁 🤣 🤣 🤣
Donna FireHammer

Apr 28, 2008, 7:02 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
your example should be a bill insert

oh wait! doesn't matter b/c they either don't read their bills or "didn't get it"
golem22

Apr 28, 2008, 8:05 PM
I dont think it would matter if you stapled this to the stupids forheads. Im certian most of them Cannot or will not read something that they need to know for the life of them.
Donna FireHammer

Apr 28, 2008, 9:12 PM
ha ha i am imagining our custies walking around with this being stapled to their foreheads 🤣
OfAMightDivine

Apr 28, 2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah, like an axe 😁 👀 😁
brandtz

Nov 11, 2008, 8:03 PM
bump for justice
Menno

Nov 12, 2008, 3:13 PM
These are great rules, but too often call centers will bend under people who scream at them and give them credit.

I wish they would hold to this though.
KingTiger

Nov 12, 2008, 4:02 PM
Bravo, oguruma.
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 13, 2008, 8:05 PM
...Press 7 now... please wait... starting at the beep you will be given five minutes to yell your case about how awful we are and how you are a victim of the world. At that point a customer care representative will issue you a full credit, and you will also get a courtesy credit for 3 months of billing, because we know you probably were going to end up in collections anyway.

Ah. If only it really worked like that. Then we would all have GREAT customer service ratings.
darknessdenounced

Nov 14, 2008, 11:14 AM
haha...thats funny and true..sadly sprint is ridiculously bad at messing up bills...so that doesnt really apply... beside juanita felisha latisha shalisa jackson prolly was frustrated because she has changed her plan for the billionth time because Sprint changes things daily, and every customer care rep she talks to prolly says to do something different. I'm not saying she should act like that, but if it is Sprint that she is dealing with, I can understand, I have been there...longest two years of my life.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.