Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Why do customers have to be so stupid?

SalesBlondie

Apr 15, 2008, 9:40 PM
Customer walks into store, starts browsing phones...

me: Hi, how's it going today?

Customer: good

me: Is there something I can help you find?

Customer: I'm just looking at phones, I want a different one. (Shows me a Samsung U340 which is in brand new condition. These are also currently free with 2-year activation.)

me: Oh ok, is something wrong with it?

Customer: No, I jsut got it the other day but I just want to get a different one.

me: oh ok. What's your phone number so I can take a look at your account?

Customer: ###-###-####.

me: Ok, yeah it looks like you just purchased your phone a few days ago. So, were you wanting to completely exchange the phone for a new model?

Customer: yes.

me: Ok, that will be...
(continues)
pdajr

Apr 16, 2008, 1:33 PM
Customer: I would like to start a plan today.

Me: OK, NP, Were you looking at taking advantage of a 5 phone share plan?

Customer: No, i will just need one.

Me: Do you have any questions about the phones you were looking at?

Customer: which ones are buy one get one free?

Me: Well if you want two lines XX XX XXXX are buy one get one free after rebate.

Customer: HMM, I said i don't want two lines. But i want the BOGO offer in the paper.

Me: That offer is valid when you sign multiple 2 year contracts.

Customer: I think you are RIPPING ME OFF, your probably going to take my free phone home and give it to your kid or something.

Me: Hmm, now in a small town like this, wouldn't you have heard before if we were ripping peo...
(continues)
tick

Apr 16, 2008, 1:58 PM
SalesBlondie said:

Customer: walks down the aisle and continues looking at phones.

Walks to the end of the kiosk aisle, beats his hand on the kiosk and says "welp, see you guys later" .... then storms out of the store...

Those dumb customers are no different from the clueless emo people. In fact if I'm not mistaken the emo culture began when a few tortured customers felt the world didn't like them because they couldn't keep their free phone and obtain another one at the 2-year discounted price.

Just remember that these are special people and you need to talk to them like you would to a toddler. If the doesn't work, tell them this cell phone company is just not for them.

These are the s...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.