Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

security pin

somuchforplanb

Apr 14, 2008, 2:29 PM
Why is it that when ever a customer doesn't know their pin and I say, "it's a 6-10 digit NUMBER," Without fail they will either give me a 4 digit number or a word. Does six-ten digits say anything about it possibly being a word? NO
MizzSprint

Apr 14, 2008, 2:33 PM
Idiots 🤣
lscarb85

Apr 14, 2008, 2:34 PM
or they look at u like ur crazy and swear they never set one up, yet theres a security question and pin...so ya dumba$$ u did set it up!
somuchforplanb

Apr 14, 2008, 3:11 PM
and then of course they know the answer to the security question but still insist that they never set up the pin. I want to be like, "You're so right dude we actually went through every customers personal history to find important information like your first pets name or your first employer." NOT jeez wouldn't you think when they know the answer to the question they would realize they were the one who set it up.
golem22

Apr 14, 2008, 2:41 PM
I even go as far as to say the word "number" differently so that i stands out as important. Invariably they say a word at that point i have to tell them that it is infact a number and contains no letters... Usualy they get it but every once in a while they will argue with me and tell me that i am wrong and it does contain letters, who knew? Apparently they know my job better than me. 🤣
ralph_on_me

Apr 14, 2008, 3:58 PM
I've gotta ask, are you asking customers for their PIN number or their PIN? Given that most people don't even realize what the acronym PIN stands for, it's understandable that they don't get it. They've still shown their ignorance and my tolerance for them wanes, but I have no trouble imagining they're stupid.
smiliey

Apr 14, 2008, 3:50 PM
HAHAHA that is so true! they give me a word and i respond with, "No, its a NUMber" with strong emphasis on the NUM part

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.