Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Warranty what?

ralph_on_me

Apr 4, 2008, 10:43 AM
AT&T makes warranty pretty easy for the customers. They put EVERYTHING you'll need to ship it back to them in the box with the phone.

So this woman just came in with three boxes stacked on top of each other.

C- "Can you box these for me?"

M- ".... sure?"

She places three open boxes on the counter. Being sure that the woman can see me, I very slowly take the tape and shipping label out of one box, seal it, then apply the label. She looks at me like I've just performed some kind of magic.

C- "Is that it? That's all you have to do?"

M- "Yes. Everything you need is in the box."

C- "Wow! Has UPS been by here today?"

M- "No, but these are USPS, not UPS."

C- "Oh, the Post Office! Now I have to drive all the way over there...
(continues)
attwork

Apr 4, 2008, 10:51 AM
I work in the warranty dept. and usually when I try explaining the return process to the customers theres always those idiots that interupt me and say they will just go down to the store for help when they get the package....

....I always tell them that its not needed because its a fairly simple process with detailed instructions, but some people are just retarded I guess....Whatever. 🙄
oguruma

Apr 4, 2008, 10:59 AM
Luckily, I work for Sprint, and we basically don't have a warranty process. It's sweet.
attwork

Apr 4, 2008, 11:02 AM
Well I'm glad AT&T has a warranty program, or else I'd be out of a job. 😎
motoguy75

Apr 4, 2008, 11:04 AM
actually, the lady could call usps and they would pick up her packages from her house, so she never really had to leave home
dualitycomplex

Apr 4, 2008, 1:51 PM
i'm pretty lucky at my store i have a post office, ups, and fed ex all within 3 blocks of me...oh that has to go back via fed ex, they are right across the street, just go on in and tell them i sent ya in and they will take care of everything for ya.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.