Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Cheap Customers

bigmike99s

Apr 3, 2008, 12:49 PM
So does anyone understand why people are so cheap. I keep having customers coming into the store wanting the lg vu. They rave about how cool the phones is gonna be and then they ask how much. Well no one knows yet but of course it gonna be 200 or 300 hundred bucks im sure and they people get mad cause thats totally expensive. i thought it would be free they say. BS you idiots if you want quality and entertainment then you have to pay. Stupid people 😢 Im going insane
OfAMightDivine

Apr 3, 2008, 1:00 PM
That's because the word "free" is shoved down their throats so often that people have come to expect things to be free. The companies did it to themselves. When I first started working in Wireless, we had 1 or 2 free phones, and they were basic phones. Just phone calls, and text. Maybe a nice color screen. Maybe, just maybe even a FLIP PHONE! Then cameras came out, and those phones sold for $200-$300.

Then slowly but surely people complained about having to pay for a camera phone (even though the only thing they ever used it for was for taking naked pictures of themselves, and most of the people that do that aren't the ones who should! 🤤 ). Eventually, the price came down for camera phones when bluetooth came out. Those where then ...
(continues)
pronexs

Apr 3, 2008, 1:06 PM
You know before I worked in cell phone industry I can remember going into stored and always getting offered the free phone. It is true that it is how people are programmed for the wireless industry. but now I know you get what you pay for and even if you only talk on your phone and don't want any other features if you get the cheapest phone you WILL have problems with it in the end. I see if every day that someone buys the cheapest phone than comes back complaining saying they can't hear the ringtone or its not loud enough... so can she get a different phone for the same price. The answer is no because you get what you pay for. It annoys me.
Wyldchylde

Apr 3, 2008, 1:08 PM
Agreed 😎
hereticcavi

Apr 3, 2008, 1:07 PM
we get this type of thing alot with upgrade customers. They get 150 rebate after 22 months of service.....well if a phone is 249.99 full retail price, after rebate is 99.99. So the cust(jerkstore) walks in and expects this phone to be free and get 50$ in cash. Then once we tell them, they dont understand what the difference is between full price and the discount rate. Then proceed to say that Sprint sucks and they are going to the verizon store acroos the street. Then they complain that a new customer gets better deals then loyal 2 year cust's do. Then I explain that the prices are the same and then they yell then leave...... then we tell them every cell provider does the sameish thing. anyone else?
custservguru

Apr 3, 2008, 1:44 PM
I was just trying to explain this to a customer the other day. I told the cust the regular price of the phone, then told the customer his discount and the final price after mail-in. The customer then said "So, then I also get another $150 off to make the phone only $50."..... Did I not just explain this in detail? Was he even listening to me?

Thank God for the mute button! I feel for you in the stores because there is no hiding your feeling of "You're a total idiot" in front of the customer. LOL
dualitycomplex

Apr 4, 2008, 1:35 PM
ever have a customer come in with a print out for business accounts that have more than 200+lines on them and how much the phones and accessories cost for those customers, and when you pull up the account you see they have the most basic of the basic single line calling plan, you inform them that those are the prices for corperate accounts not for consumer plans and they get all bent out of shape and tell you you dont know what your talking about...so you point out and read the print at the bottom of the page and they insist that is it not fair to them that they do not get those discounts.

psh sorry joe customer but your 4 year old non existant plan isnt even close to getting that kind of discount here's the best deal i can make for you...
(continues)
sprintsup101

Apr 3, 2008, 1:17 PM
I heard that they are def going to be cheaper than the iphone under 399.00 i havent goten any more info than that
Seribus

Apr 3, 2008, 2:24 PM
well dont worry i just had a custie call into the store and want to use her discount to get he pearl for free, well the comp that i work for the pearl is not for free, the the custie proceeds to tell me that she has been with the comp for yrs....ya whatever...the account was created 1yr ago...and she wants me to waive all the fees and give a free car charger by the end of the call??!! i was like no i cant do that, then she was like Im gunna call into customer care....

ok have fun then because you have been with us sooo long i just know they will give it to you....... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
bigmike99s

Apr 3, 2008, 4:39 PM
ya or i love it when customer come in to upgrade and they throw the well if you wont give me a tilt for free then im sure sprint will so if you dont match ill leave this company. ya ya whatever.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.