Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

FREE

Tmo Slave

Apr 1, 2008, 4:46 PM
I'm so sick and tired of hearing that word. Its all customer seem to say these days. Can I get a free phone? Can I get a free bluetooth? Can I get a free car charger? Can I get free minutes? I mean seriously do people think that we get our phones from the magic phone tree and that it doesn't cost the company to actually get the phone to sell to them? I think I'm gonna start going to other place like best buy and ask if I can have free TVs.

Next person that asks for something free, I'm going to give them a free kick in the nuts.
liquidfire

Apr 1, 2008, 5:23 PM
kick them right square in the nuits! 🤣
Butthead007

Apr 1, 2008, 5:46 PM
While I concur with you that the word "free" is beaten to death, sadly, its quite an effective marketing tool. Marketing executives break out the cheap ammunition all the time, e.g., offering things for "free."

Personally, I think it is more of a testimony to the stupidity of some folks. After all, is that pos Nokia phone **REALLY** free?
Tmo Slave

Apr 1, 2008, 6:09 PM
I have had customers say so many times: "Why am I paying $50.00 for a phone that is like $0.50 of plastic parts. Um, no its not $0.50 of plastic parts its $50.00 of electronics parts.
oguruma

Apr 3, 2008, 8:57 AM
It's actually more like $3-4 worth of electronic parts, but whatever.
dualitycomplex

Apr 1, 2008, 5:47 PM
go to the supermarket and tell the 17year old pimple faced cashier and tell them that the milk your "buying" is free because you have eaten cereal for the past 20 some odd years and you deserve free milk.
sprintsup101

Apr 1, 2008, 6:24 PM
OR call your electric companya nd ask them for courtesy kilowatts. Or your water company and ask them if you can get a month of free water because water comes from the ocean(something a STUPID person would say.

I definitly feel your pain....I simply can't stand when they ask for stuff for free...we provide a service to you that you the customer must pay for
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 2, 2008, 10:54 AM
I hate that line.

In other words - you're telling me that you're paying for services redered? Congrats, it's called an ecomnomy.

I tell people all the time to call their cable company and ask them to give them a tv because they pay their cable bill every month.

I also love how the fact that they're a customer of "carrierxyz" gives them the ability to talk to all of the reps like they're garbage - Do I go into their jobs and raise hell? No I don't... but now I'm considering it.
M15TER P1NK

Apr 2, 2008, 9:38 AM
can i get a free www.phonescoop.com hat?
Pure1rish

Apr 2, 2008, 11:01 AM
It comes from customers signing contracts...

Since they signed or sign a contract they expect something for free....

It's a viscious cycle that I cannot stop thinking about a way around...

That is the direct problem and their is nothing else to blame but customers for years believing that they should get something for free for signing a contract
OfAMightDivine

Apr 2, 2008, 11:03 AM
It's not the customers. It's the fact that the Marketing departments figured out that if you throw out the word "free" as often as you can, you will attract customers, and therefore they (as in the business owners) will become richer.
princessn1984

Apr 2, 2008, 11:12 AM
those who don't have a contract still expect stuff for free.
dualitycomplex

Apr 2, 2008, 12:57 PM
very very true....and they want it all for free and they are not going to resign their contract....

or yet my personal favorite prepaid customers who want free phones and accessories.

silly prepaid customer "free" stuff is for real customers.
vocalist

Apr 2, 2008, 12:18 PM
I'll give you $50 if you get this nuts kick on video.
Christine Evans

Apr 3, 2008, 8:54 AM
I second that!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.