Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

Insurance

Tmo Slave

Mar 30, 2008, 4:19 PM
So I had this guy come in and said that he lost his pearl in vegas. Of course he did not have insurance on his phone, suprise suprise. So anyway he buys a new pearl at $267.99 with a 2 year contract. I tell him about our insurance and how it works and everything. I tell him its only $5.99 a month with a $110.00 deductable and the phone gets shipped to him over night. He gets all huffy about the deductable and says its not worth it.

I mean seriously he rather pay twice that and extend his contract then get insurance. I just don't understand that.
Wyldchylde

Mar 30, 2008, 4:30 PM
With the prices of bb's I don't see why you wouldn't insure them. To a point I can see maybe why you wouldn't want it on a low end phone but not a PDA.
motoguy75

Mar 30, 2008, 5:08 PM
wow, and customers complain about our $50 deductible
I AM GOD

Mar 30, 2008, 5:15 PM
50 and a busted Sanyo m1 got me a razr2. Which got me $250. 😈
oguruma

Mar 30, 2008, 5:40 PM
I recently lost my 6800 and got a brand new one, non-refurbished, for the $50 deductible. Sick.
Wyldchylde

Mar 30, 2008, 5:46 PM
AW LUCKY!

I just had my Muziq replaced, but I got a brand spankin new one so it was all good 🙂
Butthead007

Mar 30, 2008, 7:21 PM
$110 deductible? Wow. I'd tell you to piss off too.

Paying $270 for the pearl is not bad when you consider that deducible and the fact you're getting a refurb for half the price of a new phone.

I agree. Not worth it.
oguruma

Mar 30, 2008, 7:41 PM
Let's remember that he got it for a new contract. Generally you aren't offered a discount every time you purcahase new equipment. So if he wasnt eligible for a discount it would be upwards of $500....
Tmo Slave

Mar 30, 2008, 7:43 PM
Yeah because paying $270.00 is so much better than paying $110.00. 🙄 I guess your name reflects your intelligence.
Butthead007

Mar 30, 2008, 8:31 PM
Not really. I work for a real cell carrier, not one with 4 towers that claims to offer cell service.

And our deductible is $50.

BTW, being a slave and all, who messed up and let you deal with customers? Get back to cleaning the toilets with tootbrush. I may be a butthead, but you are definitely the village idiot.
Tmo Slave

Mar 31, 2008, 12:27 PM
Butthead007 said:
but you are definitely the village idiot.

Main Entry: village idiot
Part of Speech: n
Definition: a stupid or ignorant person well known for low intelligence in their village or town.

So if you think that paying double the cost of the insurance deductible and extending your contract is a better deal you sir are the village idiot. And last time I checked T-mobile had more than 4 towers.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 31, 2008, 12:35 PM
And last time I checked T-mobile had more than 4 towers.

Yeah! They have 6 now.
Tmo Slave

Mar 31, 2008, 1:26 PM
Actually we just put up our 7th tower and this time we used metal instead of wood. Movin up in the world! 😁
NorCal23

Mar 31, 2008, 12:49 PM
We could debate the insurance issue ALL DAY LONG and get nowhere with it. I don't make any money off of offering it or "selling" it, but I do explain how it works and its advantages to the customer and then tell the customer that it's a lot like home owner's insurance or auto insurance. We pay it every month hoping we never have to use it.

More importantly ... Pearls are only $69.99 after MIR in my store on an upgrade. Where are you all from where they are $267.99?!?!

😲 😳 😲 😳
attwork

Mar 31, 2008, 12:55 PM
I just handle warranties on phones, so I don't know much about pricing, but yeah, that sounds a bit much when signing a 2 year contract.
Seribus

Mar 31, 2008, 1:27 PM
its when your already in a contract and still have more than 1yr left on your contract-so they will give you a "partial" discount not a full discount
Tmo Slave

Mar 31, 2008, 1:29 PM
With a new contract or after 2 years you can get the pearl for $99 through Tmobile. We do offer a partial discount if the customer is not qualified. Its still better than paying $299.99 for the full price of the phone.
NorCal23

Mar 31, 2008, 2:33 PM
So you're saying they could've bought the phone outright for $299.99, but instead, they signed a new 2 year contract and got it for $267.99? So you save a whole $32.00 by doing a new contract? No thanks. In that case, I would've just bought the phone outright.
Butthead007

Mar 31, 2008, 2:15 PM
dont question it. the slave will question your intelligence.
vocalist

Mar 31, 2008, 3:40 PM
At my store, Pearls are free after instant and mail in rebates. I love it.
princessn1984

Mar 31, 2008, 2:40 PM
Because we have no contract, our customers have to pay full price for the phone right off the bat (after activation fees and stuff, a Razr is like $350). If they don't add insurance, they have to pay that all over again. Even if they do have insurance they have to pay $85 and for a SLVR they have to pay $125.
attwork

Mar 31, 2008, 3:51 PM
ouch.
Ghosthendrikson

Mar 31, 2008, 7:33 PM
What weird/backwater company do you work for? I have heard you describe things in a couple other posts, do you guys sell for a national carrier or some regional outfit?
WhoDey

Apr 1, 2008, 7:36 AM
Billy Bobs backwoods cellular and tree removal.

Yes, you work for a company that bones customers every chance they get, we understand.
You should find a new job, I Couldnt explain those policies to customers with a straight face
princessn1984

Apr 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
It's a flatrate company that's only in a couple of states.
Ghosthendrikson

Apr 1, 2008, 10:56 AM
You should really quit, and go work for a national carrier or find a different industry.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.