Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

I needed to rant

took

Mar 26, 2008, 1:07 PM
So I work for a indirect store retailer of Verizon.
One thing that drives me batty is when you are working by yourself, and someone walks in talking on their phone...
I swear to god I keep thinking "BREAK BREAK BREAK" at their phone, and pray for them to drop it.
I really dont like having to stand there ready to answer any questions etc, while I wait for them to stop gabbing...
Talk on your phone outside...
It gets better though... As soon as the next customer comes in you can count how many seconds it takes to get off the phone then, they dont want to wait, and now of course they tell you they want to upgrade 2 lines or something. So the person who JUST walked in has to wait, and you couldn't be halfway done by now cuz they wouldn...
(continues)
Foamy

Mar 26, 2008, 1:17 PM
I have a personal policy when it comes to that. If you're on the phone in my store I can't see you.

I will not even acknowledge the person has entered my store until they get off the phone and I will happily skim past them to help the person behind them not talking on their phone.

It's rude and disrespectful, if I ever have a need to be on the phone while in the store I won't approach the register until I'm off the phone or put that person on hold, not even to pay for gas.
Fear The Cubans

Mar 26, 2008, 2:30 PM
I'm the same way. I don't greet them or really acknowledge them until they get off the phone.

If they approach me while on the phone, I usually bust out my phone and start texting or something. They usually get the hint after that.
dualitycomplex

Mar 26, 2008, 5:06 PM
i like the guy who talks on his phone from hi scar all the way inside my store walks around talking on his phone like no one is around him, cursing up a storm, and then gets mad at me when i tell him he has to watch his language inside my store. that guy is awesome.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.