Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

call centers(long but necessary sry)

woodywoody500

Mar 23, 2008, 5:19 AM
why is it that working in a call center seems to take the joy out of living, the kama out of sutra per say? i have worked at a call center for a year and a half and life just seems bleak. when i wake up,(i work midnight by the way) i dread walking out the door to go to work. when i am at work every second that ticks by is a day and a half, and when i leave i am so relieved to be gone, i could die and it would make no difference to me if i did. the sun seems to be dull when i see it and colors aren't so vibrant anymore. i hate people with a passion, friends or otherwise because they all come off as ignorant morons and don't answer my cell calls or txt msgs anymore. i am so sick of talking on the phone or using a phone or navigating the menus ...
(continues)
spazeying

Mar 23, 2008, 9:33 AM
Sorry this is a bit too late for an answer. Did not get here til 10:00 AM. I know how you are feeling. You are burned out. It's very easy to get that way at a call center. We handle mostly customers who are having issues. Most are rude due to their own frustrations, so we are basically the outlet of that anger. Maybe you need a vacation or if it really means that you will be unhappy always then you need to weite down your options. Find other jobs that will make you happier. What kind of things do you like to do? Find out if there is an available job in the paper that relates to your interest. Life is too short to be miserable. I am considering going back to school to widen my options regarding job choices. Good luck to you.
woodywoody500

Apr 11, 2008, 3:28 AM
the problem is i am still paying for a mistake made when it comes to 'higher education'. i attended ITT Technical Institute. BIG MISTAKE. i put out 30,000.00 for nothing. i graduated software programming in the top 5 of my class 2 years ago and have not had one interview even though i have put out hundreds of resumes online and by mail. their placement is a joke. they compile a list of 5 - 10 job leads across the country and email them to you once a week. then i have to do the leg work. it sucks big time.
TacTiqs

Apr 11, 2008, 9:19 AM
I'll be first to admit, working in a call center isn't the most glamorous of careers... Sometimes people ask me where I work, I hesitate to tell them. But for what I'm doing, how long I've been doing it, combined with some excellent benefits, I really don't have much to complain about. There are so many people who wish they had as good a job right now, especially with the way the economy is looking right now.

If your job is draining you this much, you may want to consider a new career path.

Delivery truck driver, perhaps?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.