Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Policies and my worthless job (kinda long)

homestar

Mar 21, 2008, 6:08 PM
So this customer just came in with his broken razr saying he needs to upgrade. So i begin to pull up his account and it is our policy (att's policy) to type in the expiration date of a state issued photo id to get into the account. So when i ask him for his id i quickly notice that the account is not in his name and i cant do it. So i explain what would need to be done to do the upgrade and he goes irate. I tell him i wont do the upgrade until he is added onto the account so i don't get fired from my job. He yells at me telling me that this isn't a job and then stormed off yelling how att sucks through the mall. I hate stupid people. 🙄
Donna FireHammer

Mar 21, 2008, 7:33 PM
Next time that happens calmly write down the name of a local hospital and a random room number and hand it to him. When he asks what that's for tell him it's the location of the last customer that went off on you. 😉
Donna FireHammer

Mar 21, 2008, 7:34 PM
p.s. i used to work for att wireless / cingular / att and their policies are ridiculous!!! are they still using that piece of crap clarify system?
liquidfire

Mar 22, 2008, 12:23 PM
why is that ridiculous? i work for vzw and we require the last 4 of the SSN on the account to get any info. its called customer security. would you like it if anyone could look at your accnt info and make changes??
cellphoneguy26

Mar 22, 2008, 12:32 PM
no kidding people can be so ignorent sometimes
OfAMightDivine

Mar 22, 2008, 12:37 PM
Actually, with secondary verification, you do not need the last 4 of social for at least assistance through Customer Care.
Chaos

Mar 24, 2008, 8:24 PM
Actually( if you work for AT&T) SSN/Password is the only form of verification. Either that going right back into the COR store to show I.D.
woodywoody500

Mar 23, 2008, 3:20 AM
it was my understanding that if you know the last four of ssn and the name on the account with att, you can pretty much do anything you want on the account. is this not correct? if it isn't then here at the legacy dobson call center, we have been given the wrong info.
homestar

Mar 24, 2008, 12:12 PM
I know that customer care can do anything with just the last 4 and the name on the account, but in my location we require the last 4 of the social and a drivers license just to get into the account. Its great for sercurity but alot of people dont understand why it is necessary.
cc

Mar 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
At most, if not all, store locations you need a drivers licence to get into the account, without it you can access the account, but only technically for bill pay. It was an FCC ruling starting Nov 2007 and has now been built into the system.
It does suck and for the customers who are used to just giving their husbands, mothers, friends social. However I think its a good thing. Just two months ago my company was sued because on of the reps gave out information to a guys wife, apparently they are in a middle of a nasty divorce.

If people stopped sueing life wouldn't require so many dam* security loops.
traegon

Mar 24, 2008, 9:11 PM
Oh, but that would require people to actually take responsibility for their own actions. We can't have that! Ask the McDonalds lady. 😎 Or Cingular, for that matter in the recent Florida lawsuit. 👀
cellphoneguy26

Mar 22, 2008, 12:31 PM
good one
cellphoneguy26

Mar 22, 2008, 12:31 PM
what a jerk i feel like cussing those kinda people out
traegon

Mar 24, 2008, 8:22 PM
What I find hilarious is when people put high priority notes on their account restricting access and then forget about them. 🤣

2006 "ONLY this PW can be verified to access the account, nothing else."

"I forgot it!"

"Then unfortunately, we can not give you access. If you need to update your access guidelines, you may do so at a store with photo ID."

🤣 Not my fault your forgot your own security setup. 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.