Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Stupidest thing you've ever heard a customer say.

Skers_Fan11

Mar 20, 2008, 10:12 AM
Mine:

Customer: Uh, I see here on your website that you can have a 24 month contract?

Me: Yeah...?

Customer: But I called in the other day and someone told me that I can have a 2 year contract!

Me: ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Can anyone top THAT?
giantpeach

Mar 20, 2008, 10:24 AM
ME: How can I help you?

Cust: I'd like to buy this phone *points at a display sign*

ME: Well, just so you know, this phone is a refurbished unit. It's a great starter phone, but I wouldn't look into using it for an extended amount of time.

Cust: I don't care, just let me see it.

ME: *pull out the phone, open the box and hand the customer the phone*. "This phone also comes in red."

Cust: What do you mean, 'red'?

ME: ๐Ÿคจ

Cust: Can I see what the red one looks like?

ME: It's red. Just...RED. *Pulling red phone out*

Cust: That's ugly, I'll get the blue one.

๐Ÿ˜ก I hate stupid people!
Skers_Fan11

Mar 20, 2008, 10:26 AM
That's hilarious...

"What do you mean... red?"

I would have laughed in his face.
giantpeach

Mar 20, 2008, 10:35 AM
Customer came over to my kiosk one day stating that she couldn't figure out why her phone wasn't working properly.

ME: Hi, how can I help..." -Cust cut me off.

CUST: my phone won't work, you need to give me another one.

ME: *Pulls battery out, litmus paper is red* This phone has liquid damage, and you have the insurance if you would like to use it. It would only be a $50 deductable.

CUST: WHAT! There is NO liquid damage to my phone! I don't know what you are talking about! Show me the liquid!

ME: I can't, the liquid is gone. the paper is red though, it is supposed to be white. When it turns red there is ....-cust cuts me off again.

CUST: Fine, lets just use the insurance then! I hate you people! *Customer starts ra...
(continues)
Ghosthendrikson

Mar 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
giantpeach said:
Customer came over to my kiosk one day stating that she couldn't figure out why her phone wasn't working properly.

ME: Hi, how can I help..." -Cust cut me off.

CUST: my phone won't work, you need to give me another one.

ME: *Pulls battery out, litmus paper is red* This phone has liquid damage, and you have the insurance if you would like to use it. It would only be a $50 deductable.

CUST: WHAT! There is NO liquid damage to my phone! I don't know what you are talking about! Show me the liquid!

ME: I can't, the liquid is gone. the paper is red though, it is supposed to be white. When it turns red there is ....-cust cuts me off again.

CUST: Fine, lets just use the insurance then! I
(continues)
sprintsup101

Mar 20, 2008, 1:31 PM
yea that is pretty messed up what if that was you..jerk
giantpeach

Mar 20, 2008, 1:46 PM
That is our store policy. And thanks for calling me a jerk before you know the facts...ass!
phonemechanic

Mar 20, 2008, 2:03 PM
store policy?? since when?? isnt it up to the insurance company if they decide to void the customer's insurance? ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
giantpeach

Mar 20, 2008, 2:07 PM
I guess that would depend on the company you work for. But mine, I have to remove rprp anytime someone PURPOSELY causes damage to their phone. Our insurance only covers Lost, Stolen, ACCIDENTAL damage, and Liquid damage if the customer has an incident to which it occurred. -She did not. And she purposely caused the phone to get wet in front of me (even though it was already liquid damaged prior to the incident, she still denied getting it wet). We go thru a crazy insurance company, that's all I can say. ๐Ÿ™„
thwack1083

Mar 20, 2008, 2:09 PM
this insurance company you use is it esecuritel by chance?
giantpeach

Mar 20, 2008, 2:16 PM
esecuritel? no, but it does start with an E. I actually forgot the name, I have to look it up. Thats gonna bother me now.
chocolateman85006

Mar 21, 2008, 11:20 PM
The hell he didn't! He just had the balls to do what the rest of us only dream of doing!
thwack1083

Mar 20, 2008, 1:56 PM
yeah stick it to the man!
Donna FireHammer

Mar 21, 2008, 8:15 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ WOW, you are my new hero!
chocolateman85006

Mar 21, 2008, 11:19 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿคฃ
cellphoneguy26

Mar 22, 2008, 11:29 AM
LMAO that i wish i couldve seen
chelsea5434

Mar 20, 2008, 1:50 PM
Haha.. I started cracking up because it's so true! If people hate pink in everything else, why the heck would you want to see it in a phone? Man oh man...
hannahcecilia

Mar 20, 2008, 10:32 AM
Me: I'm sorry ma'am, but your phone has liquid damage.

Customer: That's not possible, I don't drink liquid.

๐Ÿ˜ณ
Skers_Fan11

Mar 20, 2008, 10:39 AM
LMAO
hannahcecilia

Mar 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
I wanted to ask her what she drank if she doesn't drink liquids.
johnnaglasgow

Mar 20, 2008, 10:47 AM
m: welcome to ......

c: hi. my battery is warped out and I need to get a new one.

m: (gets information from her to see if she is eligible to upgrade.) Well, I was just seeing if I can get you into a new phone because it's just as expensive to replace the battery. i can see you're not ready yet but we can order a battery and is going to run you about $50.00.

c: well what is the point of having a service plan if the batteries are so expensive?

m: the batteries really have nothing to do with the service itself mam.

c: (getting irate) well here's what I'm going to do...I'm going to file bankruptcy so I can get out of my contract and then I'm going to go with another company.

m: that's fine. have a great day!
charliegirl

Mar 20, 2008, 4:23 PM
๐Ÿคฃ after she files for bankruptcy no other company is going to approve her ๐Ÿคฃ
johnnaglasgow

Mar 20, 2008, 5:07 PM
๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
Seribus

Mar 20, 2008, 11:01 AM
customer and duaghter walk into my store...

cust: hi my phone is not working
me: ok let me take a look at it....well miss it got wet...

Cust: no it didnt
me: well this little sticker is supposed to be white n its red..

5min later after arguing that it didnt get wet her young duaghter around 3-5 says it did to get wet mommy remember you droped it??

after that mother freaks out on the daughter n leaves store....
OfAMightDivine

Mar 20, 2008, 11:39 AM
Too many dumb customers out there. How about other employees?

Something like :

"What country is Europe in?"

"How do I take a payment in cash over the phone?"

Or how about the rep that switched from the Death star to Big Red and had the darnest time trying to get her Death Star SIMS card into her Big Red V3C. She had been working here for 4 months at the time.
Skers_Fan11

Mar 20, 2008, 11:43 AM
When I worked in the retail world, I had a supervisor who always talked about how a monopoly was the best business policy because "all parties have equal shares."

Apparently his parents always taught him to share, or they couldn't afford the boardgame.
Skers_Fan11

Mar 20, 2008, 11:48 AM
I took an insurance class with a guy (I was 18 at the time, he was in his mid-to-late 30's), who astounded me twice. First of all, he said that he had never heard of a "panhandle" in relation to the geography of a state. He was from Ogallala, Nebraska. Google map that town and you'll see why I was so shocked.
Next, I made a comment in passing about a business in our hometown that had a misspelling in its name, "Todd's Alinement." Dude tried to convince me that "alignment" is spelled differently when referring to cars. Wow.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 20, 2008, 12:03 PM
So... according to this genius, the word was spelled correctly...

Was this actually a business that operates and sells organizations or countries that have something to do with a treaty?

๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
sprintsup101

Mar 20, 2008, 1:40 PM
I had a friend who was in our written correspondece team and she received an email from a custie stating that she could no longer have srvc with us b/c of a medical condition. Well we needed to have a valid doctor's note stating what the condition was and why she couldnt keep service..ends up she was suffering from only having one cervix....as women we only have one cervix and her doctor wrote a legit note and emailed it to us....stating she could no longer have service with our corporation b/c she suffers from a rare disease ..IDIOTS...
justiN0six

Mar 21, 2008, 8:40 PM
Stupidest thing you've ever said to a customer?

Now AT&T customer care, don't all speak at once.
Chaos

Mar 21, 2008, 8:51 PM
Hmm. I must be the exception.
cellphoneguy26

Mar 22, 2008, 11:26 AM
I had a customer say: well i would really like the navigation system cause sometimes i will be at the store and when i leave i forget how to get home and i heard it will talk so if i loose my sight i can still drive and know where im going. I seriously thought i was getting punked

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.