Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Is it me?

MizzSprint

Mar 10, 2008, 11:06 AM
Is it me or is putting the price labels on the phone a waste of time? It's like every customer seems to be blind if I was paid on how many times a customer asked how much a phone was when it was written in bold black letters I would be rich. Sorry just another annoying day at work.

Come on people all you have to do is read. Just put in a little effort life would be so much easier.
hardcorehavok

Mar 10, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think that price tags should also say that the phone must be paid for at the point of sale. Almost every customer who upgrades or starts new service asks if we can bill the phone to them.

Although, you are right. Wireless customers do NOT read.

We have a sign posted at our payment computer. It says that we only take cash and check payments for Cellular One and only cash for AT&T. That doesn't stop 75% of the customers from pulling out their debit / credit card. Also, there is a $2 fee for AT&T payments. It is posted right next to the payment computer, but no one bothers to read it and then, they act like whinny little b!tches when we add $2 to their amount.

Apparently, illiteracy is more common than we thought.
MizzSprint

Mar 10, 2008, 11:26 AM
We have that same problem. We have a payment machine that says Touch here to start, if you tell them to use the machine they would just stand there and say "Okay what do I do now?" or since they don't wanna read they're like "can I just pay with you." I'm like dude what's the point of having this machine the company spent so much money on if nobody was going to use it.
hardcorehavok

Mar 10, 2008, 11:34 AM
Beside our kiosk, there is a Redbox. It is an automated movie rental machine. It's pretty cool. You rent movies for $1 a day and you can return it to any Redbox. There are about 6 in our area. However, people have the same issue with it. On it's main screen, it has three options: Rent a Movie, Return a Movie and Pick Up a Movie. Rent a Movie and Return a Movie are self explanatory. Pick Up a Movie is an option where you can pick out a movie online and pick it up at the Redbox. It basically puts the movie on hold for you. Everyday, I get two or three people that ask me how it works. It is not my job. However, I am a nice guy and I show them. Recently, they put a screen saver on the device which freaks people out. Instead of 2 or 3 a day, I no...
(continues)
MizzSprint

Mar 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
They only wanna use their brains on ways to scam companies how convenient
OfAMightDivine

Mar 10, 2008, 11:58 AM
No, that's not true. Lots of times they're only trying a way to scam the company because someone else told them how. Don't give customers too much credit for using their own thought process. 😉
MizzSprint

Mar 10, 2008, 3:25 PM
That's true " I'm calling to get the same free phone my friend got" lol When will people realize every account is different?
player1

Mar 10, 2008, 5:07 PM
Taking a bill payment is a good chance to ask people if they would be interested in adding another line of service. Try it you would be surprised how many you can get from that most people dont realize and dont ask what they can do.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
Why do something stupid like read or pay attention to what you're doing? Why put in that effort when there's people you can pay to do it for you? Why be an intelligent, respectful person from society when you can wallow in the mud with everyone else?
MizzSprint

Mar 10, 2008, 11:50 AM
LOL!
ac4321

Mar 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
It's not just you. I've always found price tags in our store to be futile.
hardcorehavok

Mar 10, 2008, 12:36 PM
Put up a huge sign that says "ask representative for pricing," but leave the prices up. Then, their logic circuits will overload from the paradox and their heads will explode! It worked in Futurama! 🙂
OfAMightDivine

Mar 10, 2008, 12:43 PM
No it didn't. Santa-Claws had an anti-paradox program that prevented exploding paradoxes. They shoved him into the fireplace when Rudolph's nose was about to explode and shot him out the chimney.

Jeeze... I need a life.
hardcorehavok

Mar 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
Ditto.
freedomcapcity

Mar 10, 2008, 1:11 PM
people are stupid. plain and simple. gawd if it wasnt for medicine or people feeling sorry for the dumb and ignorant the world would be a much less populated but better place to live. Darwin FTW 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.