Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

A question for Sprint NSS reps...

StarryNight

Feb 21, 2008, 10:06 AM
I'll probably end up just calling in, but I figured I'd use this resource too and see if I had any luck.

I have a customer who set up a new line of service a couple months ago, and ever since he set up, the caller id on his phone says the name of the person who used to have the line of service. I've tried "Swap Authorized User" (dunno if that's what it's called in anything but RMS) and it SAYS his name in the system where it's supposed to, I can't find her name anywhere on the account, yet when he calls a landline with caller ID it still says the other customers name.

Has anyone run into this before? Any suggestions? And would it be worth my time to bother calling in? I'm guessing that I'm gonna end up just having to change his numbe...
(continues)
porkchop12

Feb 21, 2008, 1:40 PM
The only thing that i have heard of to that is when there is a transfer of liability and the old person is still on the authorized user. If youve already tried swapping authorized user I dont know what to tell you-i would try to call in but not sure if theres anything that can be done.
StarryNight

Feb 21, 2008, 2:09 PM
I asked the customer if he had done a transfer of liability, because that was the only logical thing I could think of, and he said no, he walked in and activated a whole new line of service. We've already done "Swap Authorized User" like six times.

Thank you for the input! Looks like I'll end up just having to call in and hope there's something I'm missing, but in all likelihood, I'll just end up having to change his number anyway. Frick.
junglemassive

Feb 21, 2008, 2:11 PM
When did you first swap the authorized user name? It can take a little while for the name change to show up on the CID.
StarryNight

Feb 21, 2008, 2:16 PM
It was about two months ago. I know there's a delay, but the longest I've ever heard of was 4 business days.
junglemassive

Feb 21, 2008, 2:19 PM
4 days is even longer than I've ever seen. Well then, you're on your own, just thought I'd ask.
ucantbeserious

Feb 25, 2008, 9:26 PM
but call care or nss and have them completely remove the caller id feature off the account. also have them do the swap authorized user. and put everything back how it should be. if that dosent work talk to tech they should be able to get it fixed without changing the phone number
spazebar

Feb 26, 2008, 3:53 PM
Also make sure the user is set properly at the sub and account level. Basically jsut call in to Buisness care 1800-927-2199 where we have p2k and we'll get it fixed for you without any hassel at all. And if you manage to get the Lake County call center have them transfer you to #40124 In I'll fix ya up. 😁
downphoenix

Feb 26, 2008, 9:33 PM
per sprint's education guidelines, Caller ID changes can take up to 72 hours. And when you activate a new service with a customer and someone previously had that phone number, the caller ID should automatically update for the new customer's name in this time frame. Normally it takes as little as 4 hours, but can take up to 72.
WhoDey

Feb 27, 2008, 9:47 AM
Could you at least PRETEND to read the entire thread before you reply to it?
freedomcapcity

Feb 27, 2008, 6:28 PM
lol. pwn3d
i believe he said a few times that its been an issue for at least 2 or 3 months. READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU REPLY. do we need to post the n00bs guide to posting on forums??

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.