Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

mogul

porkchop12

Feb 20, 2008, 6:20 PM
Does anyone know how to send picture mail in a text message instead of an email on the mogul??? I've tried and tried looking but no luck.
Tmo Slave

Feb 20, 2008, 10:24 PM
Not sure with the mogul but with the wing there is an option to send an MMS. It should be the same for the mogul because they both run Windows mobile. Unless sprint does something weird to their phones.
primetastic

Feb 21, 2008, 1:48 PM
i had the moto Q from sprint and at that time their WM devices couldnt send mms.. thought that would have been fixed with 6.0 though
DarkStar

Feb 23, 2008, 12:41 PM
Ah but sprint does. No more sending pix message. Must be an email. There used to be a program that allowed us sprint PDA phone users to do just that but sprint figured it out and blocked the feature. I hate sprint as much as I like them.
porkchop12

Feb 23, 2008, 3:15 PM
Why would they not want us to be able to send pictures as a text???? That is nonsense to me ๐Ÿคจ
DarkStar

Feb 24, 2008, 6:04 PM
I have no idea. It makes no sense. Maybe they are getting ready to make some PDA picture pack. Oh wait I got it. If you want to send pictures you have to get the email service for the PDA phone and you can't use the $15 Power vision service. Thats why. Double the money.
one8seven

Feb 21, 2008, 10:58 AM
Nah, you can't. The only way to send pics with Sprint is email.. ๐Ÿ˜ข
labellavita

Feb 21, 2008, 12:26 PM
correction the only way to send pics with a windows mobile phone is through email. regular sprint phones send through text. windows mobile phones such as the mogul, touch, and any treo wxs go through email
porkchop12

Feb 21, 2008, 1:36 PM
Man that blows ๐Ÿ‘ฟ oh well thanks anyways guys
labellavita

Feb 21, 2008, 1:45 PM
there are programs you can download that will let you send pics through texts but be careful. I got a program from ppcgeeks.com and it fried my mogul. I'm on my 3rd master reset now ๐Ÿ˜ข
DarkStar

Feb 23, 2008, 12:43 PM
Those programs don't work anymore. Sprint blocked it all. Been there tried that. I have never fried my phone from anything from ppcgeeks.com
honeysuckle03

Feb 23, 2008, 6:17 PM
no you cant,. i work with sprint and htc mogul is not a picture message capable phone... ๐Ÿ˜ข
junglemassive

Feb 21, 2008, 1:43 PM
Although MMS is not native to Sprint's WM devices, there are numerous picture mail applications that can be downloaded for free. As far as which is best, I'm the wrong one to ask as I have never carried a Windoze device. Just try googling picture mail app and your device ie. windows mobile 6 picture mail app or something to that effect.
junglemassive

Feb 21, 2008, 1:48 PM
make sure you sync your device BEFORE installing any 3rd party app.
porkchop12

Feb 21, 2008, 1:51 PM
Do you know if it requires you to do a hard reset on your device to download one of those programs?
junglemassive

Feb 21, 2008, 1:54 PM
junglemassive said:
I'm the wrong one to ask as I have never carried a Windoze device.

I truly don't know. I just know that my friends who have WM devices have MMS apps. I'm sure when you find an app you want to try the download instructions will answer that question for you.
labellavita

Feb 21, 2008, 2:20 PM
I never had to do a hard reset to download a 3rd party app
ac4321

Feb 21, 2008, 3:09 PM
Short answer- no, it has to go through email.

Long answer- developers had/have made various 3rd party apps to do MMS on Windows mobile devices. For whatever reasons, carriers are starting to lock down the gateways and behind the scenes things that allow that function. The speculation, not any direct knowledge, that I heard was that rogue developers were using windows mobile devices to flood random people with picture mail messages that were spam advertisements. We're talking about untold thousands of simultaneously sent messages per device, before that account would be locked down. So, they started to block it.

๐Ÿ˜•
rivers9180

Feb 21, 2008, 4:03 PM
It has to go through the email, but you can send it to another device and it will show up on theirs as a pic mail...

Just send the pic using email on your phone to the phone number@pm.sprint.com

ie, 3234561234@pm.sprint.com

it will show up as a pic mail attachment on their device

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.