Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Bad Phones

Tmo Slave

Feb 15, 2008, 1:33 PM
So the first customer of the day was this guy comes by looking at our phones. I great him and ask him if there is anything I can help him with. He asks me if we are going to get any good phones. I tell him we have lots of nice phones. He asks about the data phone and tells me that our blackberry and htc phone are horrible and should be removed from our stock. I ask him why he thinks they are horrible. He tells me that they are too complicated and no one can figure them out. I inform him that our phone are quite easy to use and that if he has any questions I would be happy to help. He refuses and continues to complain about them. At this point I'm really annoyed by him and in a nice professional round about way I tell him that he is ...
(continues)
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 1:44 PM
well actually, it depends on what carrier you have, for how long, and if you switched. i can understand confussion.. but difficulty sending and .. oMg i can't stop laughing.. i get customers like that all the time..

yesterday i get an elderly couple that comes in with an analog phone, it was dual-mode so it did still work. but they wanted to keep thier same plan, without paying full price for a new phone that was going to work when they took down the analog towers, and could be used to make long distance calls with crystal clear quality like the phone they had. i spend 15 minutes explaining that with 3G and CDMA, its improved signal quality.. and it just went round and round. so i finally said. sir/ma'am. just about any phone out of our ...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Feb 15, 2008, 3:02 PM
They probably saw some investigative report on the 10 oclock news about how all cell phone companies are out to screw them over and take as much money as they can from them.
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 3:09 PM
😲 they saw that too?? 😳 lol jk.. actually sprint sent out a letter stating that if they don't upgrade thier phones will be rendered useless do to california mandating all analog towers be removed or converted
WhoDey

Feb 15, 2008, 5:12 PM
.......why would sprint send out a letter about analog when they own and operate no analog network?

Im not in california, so if its some funky regional thing, I apologize for my lack of knowledge
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 5:14 PM
uhm, sprint and verizon had analog at one point, the towers are still in use for older phones, usually an older sanyo or a nokia.. since have become digital networks. you may not have heard of it.. doesn't mean it doesn't exist .. ;) california allowed it to say (opinion) so that those who are not fortunate enough to own a working cell phone, can still carry one for the purposes of calling 911.
hardcorehavok

Feb 15, 2008, 5:24 PM
AT&T is FINALLY shutting down its analog (TDMA) service on 2/18. It's actually mandated by the FCC. AT&T shut down the prepaid analog on April 1, 2007. What an April Fools prank! We got called for a week straight from analog customers who had had their service shut off. They all claimed that they never got any notice. BULL! AT&T had been sending out letters and text messages for years (literally). On top of that, reps would've probably told them when they refilled last. Now that the postpaid analog is getting shut down, I can assume the same will happen despite postpaid customers getting notices on their bill each month for a few years and they have been getting charged a TDMA Maintainance Fee for about two years. Although, they will say tha...
(continues)
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 5:28 PM
this is true, but that was the first notice i'd seen. ofcourse im on the techie bandwagon.. i should start a new company like JD Power and Associates, but just for cells phone and buy and the new phones and try em out.. that'd be cool.. huh uhuh (beavis and butthead momment)

i need TeePee forrrr my Bung hoole. ehehheheheh
hardcorehavok

Feb 15, 2008, 5:31 PM
That is my dream...
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 5:33 PM
what havin TP? i hope thats an accomplishment.. lol jk.. that'd be one t hing i'd do when im rich.. buy useless gadgets and find meaning for them.. and buy and newest and latest home entertainment equipment and newest aftermarket parts for my motorcycles.. etc.. 🙂 i have big dreams.. and im almost all the way there. i have the drive and means.. just gotta get there. ;)
BigShowJB

Feb 15, 2008, 6:54 PM
AM THE GREAT CORNHOLIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo oo
😈 😈 😈

heheheh yeah!! cool
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 6:57 PM
giggity giggity giggity..

heh

i've actually gotten very good at doin the giggity real fast.. now i gotta do the head swivel thingy
BigShowJB

Feb 15, 2008, 7:07 PM
my wife hates when i break out the quagmire voices!! i can even do the head bop....

hey does this look like a 'Q' to you?
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 7:10 PM
if you mean the letter Q (sounds like cue) then yes, what font are you on?
Knightlyjay

Feb 15, 2008, 7:26 PM
Sprint has never had analog towers and for the first year of its existence would not even sell a dual mode phone. They have had roaming agreements with Verizon/primeco/gte since 1997 to use VZW's analog network and since 1999 to use the cdma digital network in areas where their coverage suffered. VZW and AT&T finally got permission to shut down their older networks (it was supposed to happen 2006, but was delayed) on Monday at midnight. Therefore the letters.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.