Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

No More Payment Drop Offs

hardcorehavok

Feb 12, 2008, 12:21 PM
I hate when customers come in, plop an envelope on the counter and leave. It p!$$e$ me off. It only takes one minute to post a payment and then you can get a receipt proving your made your payment. Most of the time, the envelopes are sealed and I have even had a few that had a stamp on them. Why? If you've already got that much done, just mail it! From time to time, they do not even include their bill stub or their account/wireless number. HOW THE HECK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO POST IT?!?

With the CellOne/AT&T migration, it becomes more of a problem.

First of all, we CANNOT take final payments. Once a CellOne account is closed, we can no longer look it up. Final payments must be sent in or done over the phone. This means that if someone migr...
(continues)
labellavita

Feb 12, 2008, 12:32 PM
we used to have a drop off box but now we have to run all checks through the eca machine so customers cannot drop off their payments. I get yelled at over the stupid electronic checks than over anything else. People absolutely freak out when asked for their drivers license number. Ask them for their social and they have no problem giving it but apparently the drivers license number is confidential. And we have repeat customers who try to give it to different reps. No means no people
Knightlyjay

Feb 12, 2008, 1:18 PM
We are one of the few stores in our area with a drop off box (kiosk store). I can deal with the folks who drop off a payment during the off hours when we are closed, but the ones that drop it off during the day drive me nuts.
UOQuack

Feb 12, 2008, 1:18 PM
I know exactly what you mean. If a customer does that to me, and it's slow, I tell them it will be just a couple minutes and I will have a receipt for them. The problem is when we are busy and they breeze in and try to drop off the payment. Whether slow or busy, I tell them they need to wait for a receipt, as we don't accept payments without issuing a receipt, because if there's a problem with the payment we will not be responsible for it. If they hassle me, I tell them if they don't have time to wait there are other payment options available, but we will not post their payment if they are not present.
cellDANone

Feb 12, 2008, 2:00 PM
COR retail that are a Dobson conversion still have the ability to take checks for CellularOne final bill as well as their current bill. We also do not charge them to make a payment either. We have both billing systems, ATLYS will let us bring up the account then we search by account number in lightbridge, or RMS whichever you may call it. We did rid the dropbox however, because at&t payments by check require a license to even process them

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.