Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

hello wireless employees (long)

talia

Jan 19, 2008, 3:33 PM
I'm not really new to phonescoop. I have been ready posts for about two years now. I have worked cust svcs for cingular during att merge and now I'm working retentions for sprint. I love my job especially because I make more now plus bonus at the end of the month. I have read where people are talking about sprint. I truthfully don't care cause I still have my job. The area where I live is majority sprint or att and I've seen more people with sprint. Yes, I live in a big area which includes Virginia beach, Norfolk, and Williamsburg in VA. I can definitely say that I save a lot more cust a day then people cancelling. I don't believe sprint is going anywhere no time soon but I can say some bad decisions are being made. Once again just introduci...
(continues)
BigShowJB

Jan 19, 2008, 4:51 PM
I feel the same way, T... I love sprint and the service and the only way you'll get me to switch to VErizon or anyone else right now is if we got bought out and I don't see that happening just yet.....
BTW.. we need you and your crew to start saving about 1,000 aday this year .... company needs help, I'm on htesales end and I'm doin what I can...
talia

Jan 19, 2008, 6:05 PM
yea...I am doing my part to save our cust..I kinda put myself in the cust shoes to help solve their problem..I guess that comes from working cust 2 yrs...retention is cool their a lot more ways to save cust...like how low we can go on phones and the different discounts we can give..cust are happy when I can lower their bill..but we do have people that don't care about the cust and that shows..sprint will get better..I know it will with the new ceo..we will have better guidance
BigShowJB

Jan 19, 2008, 6:47 PM
hey I'm geting on to the 3rd party dealer plan in the next few days, can you help me get my other two lines on my account onto the SERO plans?I need one on the $50 and one on the $30 plan
BigShowJB

Jan 19, 2008, 7:02 PM
cuz "I'll cancel my lines if you cant help me save some money on my plan!!" 😢 😉 😁
talia

Jan 19, 2008, 8:28 PM
haha...now that' sounds like a cust too..asking for things I can't do.
BigShowJB

Jan 19, 2008, 8:42 PM
comeon... your in retentions, you can do anything!!!
talia

Jan 19, 2008, 10:18 PM
we have guidelines...ya know..we may have more to give but we can't give everything
talia

Jan 19, 2008, 8:29 PM
pm me
d3ity

Jan 19, 2008, 7:17 PM
Yes... that's a brilliant idea! lets cut into our own revenue by handing out free **** to every customer that complains! Great concept. Doesn't matter that sprint is the only one out of the 4-5 major US carriers that has the customer retention rate of a sieve.

What were the numbers? I'm not precisley sure but didn't sprint post a loss of somewhere around 200,000-400,000 customers iirc? No wonder prices on phones are getting slashed. Sprint is desperate for new activations.

If you walk into my store the ammount of free crap I give you directly affects my paycheck... unless I absolutley need your new 39.99 activation to feed my family, I'm not cutting into my check. You walked into a VZW store and you're porting from sprint? Fi...
(continues)
vreaper

Jan 19, 2008, 7:22 PM
🤣 d-bags 🤣
talia

Jan 19, 2008, 8:37 PM
I didn't say anything about giving out free phones. So before you start attacking people get your facts straight and two all retention dpt for all the wirless companies do the same thing with discount phones and offering discount. I've had verizon and they offered me free phones and discouns to lower my plan. By the way we get verizon cust porting from verizon too. I must be doing something good at my job because not only am I getting pay an hourly rate. I'm also getting my bonus at the end of each month for going over my quota each month. So how you doing?
d3ity

Jan 20, 2008, 11:47 AM
Personally I don't believe in the concept of a retention department...

Yes, lets give you whatever you want so you keep your 39.99 single line... What? You broke your phone? and you got it last week? it's ok sweetie, we'll just send you 4 more for free... just extend your contract for one meaaaaasley year.

You're excited about a bonus? Not only do I get my hourly rate, I get comission for selling all those phones and getting people into a two year contract. My problem with retentions is this. That customer came into my store a week ago. Yes it's nice that you guys will fight the chargeback for me... but god damn he was an idiot when he came in here and it's his own fault he didn't buy insurance!
spazebar

Jan 20, 2008, 1:20 PM
This I agree with completely it pisses me off to no end when someone buys a phone especially an expensive one refuses to put insurance on it or use the warranty and then demands that we give them a free one because they have been with us two years or they will cancel. I can understand trying to help the customer but don't give em a discount or free phone through retentions without requiring they keep the insurance. that SHOULD be policy its ridiculous. but hey thats me
d3ity

Jan 20, 2008, 2:29 PM
Heres a true story.

Customer came in and bought a voyager. Did not purchase insurance... I practically pleaded with him to take the insurance. I did everything but offer to pay for it.

A week later he comes in with a cracked screen. He walked into a desk at school with the phone in his pocket. He asked if he could add the insurance to the phone...

I laughed at him. He did get the insurance replacement by adding it through customer service... but he shouldn't have. What am I to do about that though? As an indirect, I can't notate accounts.
talia

Jan 21, 2008, 4:32 AM
that's his fault for not getting insurance..only stupid people don't get insurance
talia

Jan 21, 2008, 4:29 AM
im agree with you...im not givng a phone away for free because some db didn't want to put insurance on their phone..their fault not mine
talia

Jan 21, 2008, 4:17 AM
unfortunatly for you that you had that situation. I sell all my phones. Have you heard of the department customer lifecycles (clc)..when I worked over there we got our bonus of of sale and contract extension ..for two years I might add...you have some rep that will do what your talking about. the call center Im at ..if it looks like the custy falut why they phone is broke, then hell no you don't get a free phone. Please a been in different dpt and worked for different companies. So you best believe I know how to get a customer under a 2 yr contract.
princessn1984

Jan 19, 2008, 6:14 PM
I was born in Norfolk. 😁
bonito

Jan 19, 2008, 10:15 PM
talia said:
The area where I live is majority sprint or att and I've seen more people with sprint. Yes, I live in a big area which includes Virginia beach, Norfolk, and Williamsburg in VA. I can definitely say that I save a lot more cust a day then people cancelling.

I DISAGREE. I sell in the area you do. I port soooo many Sprint custys every day. People dont call Cust Care when they port out.

More people in this area use VZW. Thats why weve been rated tops at least 2 years running in this market.

You can be a Sprint cheerleader, just have the correct facts. Sprint service is nominal at best, unless your driving up and down Virginia Beach Blvd near Town Center. Everyone works there, even nTelos...
(continues)
talia

Jan 19, 2008, 10:25 PM
nope got my facts right. People that I run into every day have sprint. I have seen anyone with verizon or meet anyone with verizon. NO, I'm not a sprint cheerleadr. I am stating what I have heard and seen. I could careless what you say about sprint cause at the end of the day I still have a job and can pay my bills. I work at sprint because they pay me more than other jobs in my area. So go back to where you came from? Everyone needs to stop getting personal about these wireless companies. It really is stupid and child like. I'm stating my opinions and what I have seen.
bonito

Jan 19, 2008, 10:34 PM
Hey, I said I dont mind you cheering for your employer, but hte facts are Sprint is NOT #1 in this market. Because youve seen more Sprint doent make it fact.

Like I say, I port mostly Sprint lines on a daily basis, as their recent numbers indicate. Not everything is bad about SPCS, but I get irritated when the incorrect FACTS are put out.
talia

Jan 19, 2008, 11:31 PM
where did I say that sprint was number 1 around her and when did I say anything about stating facts about companies. I was responding to some ones else post about sprint retentions giving out free phones to keep customers. I told him to state facts. You are way off with your response. You are starting an argument where it doesn't need to be if you would have read all the posts then you would have known what I was taking about
d3ity

Jan 20, 2008, 12:14 PM
You did seem to state that you aren't losing customers in your market. However... the ones you lose don't walk into your store.
talia

Jan 21, 2008, 4:26 AM
I didnt say anything about sprint gaining or losing cust...so not to sound mean but don't put words in my mouth...I said I have seen and heard more people with sprint...ok today I go to pizza hut...I saw 4 people with sprint phones in hand talking...last wk went to hooters saw about 7 people with sprint. It just so happens that I see more people with sprint or att. Im not out there looking for who has certain carriers. that's just what I happen to see. don't care if you don't under stand retention you don't worked and don't know how it works. You should know that phones we offer for free are the same ones you offer for free and suppose to be with a two year contract..who ever does it differently will get in trouble for doing something fraud...
(continues)
talia

Jan 19, 2008, 10:28 PM
oh yeah, I don't live in va beach but my sprint works great there. now whose be a cheerleader for their company. Looks like you are cause I could careless regardless
bonito

Jan 19, 2008, 10:38 PM
Williamsburg, Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, all of Tidewater. The story is the same. Sprint hardly works on the Eastern Shore and many places. I have Sprint custys that have problems at Busch Gardens.

Oh well, I agree, as long as you have a job, all is good. More power to you. Theres absolutely no reason to get all pissy. I'm just asking for facts, not anecdotal evidence.
talia

Jan 19, 2008, 11:36 PM
your asking about facts for what. I never said sprint was better than anyone. I go to busch garden all the time. I have no problems. my family has sprint through me and they have no problems. I even have family with sprint in DC, maryland, GA, and SC and the have no problems. to each his own. I got a job and you have job. Just leave it at that because depending on where someone leaves ..depends on the service.
bonito

Jan 20, 2008, 12:06 AM
Geeze, I didnt say you said Sprint was better. You said everyone here uses Sprint, which is not fact. I guess its aking too much for facts, just what you see is the truth. Ok, whatever.
sprintnxtlWWS

Jan 21, 2008, 2:01 PM
Talia. are you on Butler Farm? Im supposed to be starting over there (across the street) next month. Moving from tech support to retention. I heard its good money. Is that true
talia

Jan 21, 2008, 5:09 PM
yea im across the street from u...yea the hrly pay is good but the bonuses are a lot better...max out at 3000 every month...I use to work in customer lifecycles and the bonus there is nothing compared to retentions....good luck...your movin on up from teletech..they don't make money over there do they
sprintnxtlWWS

Jan 21, 2008, 7:09 PM
yeah, telehell is the lowest paying job I have had in a long time. is it true they give you the bonus for nothing when you get out of training?
talia

Jan 21, 2008, 11:36 PM
yeah..something llike that...your on a ramp your first two months...the first month your in training is your 100% month wjich u get full bonus at the end of the next month and your second month is 50/50 month when you have to make half the quota goal...if ur going to retention for ur 2nd mth u get half of 950 but ur third month u are on ur own to make your bonus...goal is 995 to get 100%

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.